Chapter 16

Kion followed Zira as she walked out of his Kingdom. He sighed, this was the only way for his friends and mate to have a bit of rest. He hoped Rani was ok. If she wasn't and something happened to her, Kion would most likely do something that he'd regret later, unless it was to kill Zira or something like that.

Don't think about that! What is wrong with you?!

Once Zira thought the place they were in seemed fit and no one could overhear or attack them undetected or anything, she stopped. She turned around and faced Kion. She took a deep breath. Why? Kion didn't know but braced himself for anything really.

Zira looked Kion straight in the eyes. She took another deep breath.

"If you don't know what I'm doing, I'm trying to control my emotions. So I would do something like, I DON'T KNOW, KILL YOU?!"

Zira stepped back, closed her eyes and took another deep breath and started.

"It seems like whenever I come across your family, something always happens to me or MY family."

Zira opened her eyes. Her expression unreadable. Kion didn't know what to say.

"You want to know why?!"

He really didn't want to know.

"First of all, your father killed my love, kicked Kovu out the line to rule and banished us the outlands!"

Zira didn't miss the flinch when she mentioned Simba but continued, deciding to question him (Kion) later.

"Second, YOU killed my love and I didn't even get to see him, not even once!"

Kion couldn't help but feel a bit guilty hearing that. Zira didn't even know Scar was uh... alive? When she was in the outlands.

"And even more horrifying, MY own daughter, HAS A BLUMNING CRUSH ON YOU!!"

Kion noticed how Zira's voice gradually got louder. And, wait.. what? Vitani had a crush on him? Well, that explains her looking and being a bit flustered.

Zira took another deep breath and looked him straight in the eyes. Kion could see tears forming in her eyes. 

"My love, the one I loved the most, dead once again before I could see him again."

Kion's ears flattened and he looked to the ground. He felt guilty and felt her pain. He himself didn't know what he'd do if someone he loved.

"Nervermind that. What's with you?"

Kion looked confused.

"Did you have a fight with Simba or something?"

Kion flinched but narrowed his eyes.

"Why?"

Zira smirked.

"Your body language. You flinch every time his name is mentioned."

Kion looked to the floor. If it was that obvious that it was sure that other animals suspected something was wrong too. Simb- His father was going to kill him...

Zira had a suspicion something was wrong.

"Can I know?"

She asked gently. Kion's eyes widened and stepped back. He wasn't going to tell her. She mustn't know. No matter what. His father was already going to murder him. He didn't know what he'd do if someone knew of the torture. Zira sighed.

"You don't have to hide it. I had a lioness that was abused so I know the symptoms well."

Kion's eyes widened and he stepped back, even more, his breath rapidly increasing. This was bad.

Oh shoot. Shoot. Shoot. Shoot. Shoot. Shoot!

Zira looked at him gently and softly spoke.

"Do you want to talk about it? Don't worry I won't say anything to anyone. You can trust me with that."

Kion shook his head. But he didn't have a much of a choice with the second part she said anyways. He'd have to take her word it. Zira sighed.

"Well, I guess I can forgive you for what happened with Scar. It's a shame that I couldn't see that..."

Zira sighed. Kion looked sympathetic. Until a fire struck. Kion and Zira backed up until they saw a familiar face in the fire.

"Scar...."

Zira whispered, holding her breath. Kion's eyes widened.

Uh... Sorry! I couldn't get this out on the Monday! It's not as long as I wanted it to be but I wanted to get a chapter out. Also, I had so many internet problems and problems with my internet and with Wattpad but I could finally get into it. Thank you so much, everyone, for so many reads though! It means so much to me and thank you for being so understanding and supportive. Also sorry for using your friends cover! I'm trying to find a new cover for it but my internet sucks and I've been really busy! I'm sorry and tell your friend I'm really sorry! I'll fix it as soon as my internet gets better and I can access more websites! Sorry again!

-Meloetta867