Chapter 13 - Extracurricular

I found myself in Glynda's combat training class watching Pyrrha fight the entire team of CRDL. She does quite well and ends up winning, it takes her far longer than I did in my fight with those idiots but she doesn't have an augmented body or a suit of high tech power armor so I guess I can't complain about it.

Glynda:
"and that's the match"

Cardin:
"lucky... Shot" *passes out*

Glynda:
"well done Miss Nikos, you should have no problem qualifying for the tournament"

Pyrrha:
"thank you professor"

Glynda:
"alright I know that's a tough act to follow but we have time for one more sparring match, any volunteers?"

Glynda:
"Miss Belladonna, you've been rather docile these past few classes. Why don't you-"

???:
"I'll do it"

I turn around to see that silver haired boy who was with that Cinder girl I met a few days prior.

Glynda:
"Mercury is it? Very well, let's find you an opponent"

Mercury:
"actually, I wanna fight... Her"

Mercury points at Pyrrha which seems to surprise the entire class including Pyrrha and myself.

Pyrrha:
"Me?"

Glynda:
"I'm afraid Miss Nikos has just finished a match, I reccomed you choose another partner"

Pyrrha:
"no it's fine, I'd be happy to oblige

Mercury walks down to the arena and stops across from Pyrrha before getting into a combat stance.

Mercury begins the fight by running at Pyrrha and kicks at her which she blocks with her shield, Pyrrha proceeds to slash at his leg and trip him over, he jumped back up and preformed a few back flips before coming to a stop to briefly look at her. Pyrrha runs towards Mercury and begins attacking him with her shield which mercury blocks with a series of kicks, Pyrrha shield charges Mercury which pushes him back. I hear Ruby compliment Mercury's skill to his green haired teammate which is when I notice Cinder is noticeably missing from the room.

The battle continues with Mercury going on the offensive with a fury of strong kicks which Pyrrha blocks with her shield. Things are going relativly evenly matched until Mercury disarms Pyrrha with a kick to her weapon, he attempts to kick Pyrrha again but for the first time he misses his attack causing him to lose balance. Pyrrha runs at him with her shield raised, Mercury jumps up and kicks off of her shield as the sound of a gun can be heard. Pyrrha begins running at Mercury again.

Mercury:
"I forefit"

Pyrrha slows her run and comes to a stop a few meters past Mercury.

Pyrrha:
"you... Don't even want to try?"

Mercury:
"what's the point? You're a world renowned fighter, we're obviously leagues apart"

Glynda:
"in that case Pyrrha Nikos is the victor of the match.. Again. Next time you may want to think a little harder before choosing an opponent"

Mercury:
"I'll be sure to do that"

As Mercury walks away the bell rings.

Glynda:
"that is all for today, remember the dance is this weekend, but you have your first mission on Monday, I will not except why excuses"

Jack: (mumbles to himself)
"only two more days"

Weiss:
"hmm? Did you say something?"

Jack:
"oh, Uh.. No, just talking to myself is all"