°Memories°

TW| SENSITIVE/SAD CHAPTER AHEAD. TALKS ABOUT DEATH...

Memories. A simple eight letter word, but filled with so much meaning and value. You can have a million feelings, a thousand thoughts, a hundered memories of simply just one person. People can change, places can change, the media can change but a memory will always last forever, whether you make it or not. It's just something that's stays with you wherever you go, something  that may remind you of grief or bring you joy and happiness.

For Kaycee, it was a mixture of both. Recalling her favourite memories often brought her happiness but by the end of the day she would be sitting in a pool of her own tears as she thoughts back to the good days. She felt a mixture of sad and happiness, a contrast that she didn't really like but went along as she laid in bed every day thinking about him and what they would be doing right now if he was still here.

People often say that you never value a moment until it becomes a memory. But that was never the case for Kaycee. Every moment, every second, every goodbye, every hello, every I love you, she cherished. She treasured every single second she had with him because she knew that one day they'd be no more.

One day, there'd be no more Sean and Kaycee, and it'd simply be Kaycee. One day, everyone would forget her name unless it was brought up with the mention of Sean. One day, she'd be forgotten entirely and the person she cared the most about would be gone. And that one day was a month ago. But it wasn't really one day was it. It was for forever.

As Kaycee rummaged through her photo album, a dozen photos or more of her and Sean were shown up. She felt a tear slide down her cheek landing on the top of the Polaroid and one tear, turned into two, and two turned into an river full.

She brushed her fingers over the photos of Sean in the hospital, his hand delicately laced in hers while she kissed his cheek. It was a simple gesture of compassion and adoration but it meant so much more now that she knew she would never feel like that again. Never feel loved.

Or the photos of him steadying himself on her shoulder as she helped him walk down the park, his bones too weak to hold himself up. It was all just a memory now. A memory of happy times, a time full of love.

She flicked through to the next page in the album, a gasp leaving her mouth as she stared at the photo of the coffin and Sean's body encased in it. She really didn't know why she kept that photo, maybe it was because she wanted to feel upset so that she would have an excuse to lay in bed all day. Or maybe it was because wanted to grow mad at the man who left her. Or maybe it was neither. But Kaycee could only push that memory to the back of her mind as she sat back against her bed.

'Why? Why did it have to be him out of all people?' Kaycee tilted her head back to look at the ceiling, her eyes glossed over with tears.

A knock interrupted her thoughts, followed my murmuring from the other side of her door. Kaycee rubbed her eyes frantically in hopes to show no sign of sadness as she corked out a 'come in'.

'Hey Kayc' a soft voice whispered, as the bed slightly sank as her friends sat down beside her. She wouldn never hear him calling her name again. The way her name smoothly rolled of his tongue.

'How are you?' Bailey asked softly.  Kaycee forced her lips to curl upwards into a smile as she stared at her friends seated around her.

'I'm good. How are you?' She asked. Everyone exchanged worried glances between each other. 

'We're all good, K' Julian answered. 'We wanted to come see you since...you haven't been joining us for any dinner our classes'. The mention of 'classes' made her stomach churn. She couldn't bear going into a space where everything thing she did reminded her of him. It was too hard.