one

sociopath

a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior.

"Chiara sit down! I won't tell you again." warned the doctor. The other patients looked at Chiara with horror in their eyes as the nurses held her down. She simply smiled at them, she wanted them to be frightened. She lived off seeing other people suffer. "Moving on, does anyone have good news to share? Perhaps you do Chiara?" she sighs.

"Oh, you mean the fact that I'm leaving this shit hole tomorrow?" stated Chiara smiling, irritating the nurses.

She looked up and began staring at everyone around the circle she was forced to attend. She didn't despise these people, they were bearable to a point, she just didn't want to be there anymore. Chiara needed a thrill in her life, and she wasn't getting it here, so pretending that her illness was cured would be her only way out.

Luckily her dismissal was granted as long as she took her prescriptions. Her eyes then went to Claire's, who was looking right back at her with tears in her eyes. The small 16-year-old who lives off anxiety medication looked down instantly and started shaking.

"What the fuck are you crying for Claire?" yelled Chiara. This got the attention of everyone sitting in the circle, causing fear in their eyes again. She abruptly got up and went around Claire's seat, who at this point was sobbing, she leaned into her ear and said, "Are you sad I won't be here to fuck you anymore? You were a lousy fuck by the way" she giggles. Claire storms out of the room and Chiara flips her off while smiling. "Can I go home now?" she asks the nurses. 

———

"Mom you're finally here I'm starving!" spoke Chiara.

"Well hello to you too" Selma responded, "it's good to see you in different clothes for once."

Chiara was wearing a white tank top that accentuated her hourglass figure, and black jeans that were slightly too big on her— which differed from the white jumpsuits she wore for months. She knew men and women wanted her. With her looks, everyone did. Her freckled tanned skin, dark brown wavy hair, thick brows, and honey eyes could attract anyone. 

Being perceived as an innocent little girl, it was easy to manipulate and fool whoever she pleased. She didn't give a fuck about what happened to anyone, not even to herself.

On the drive back to her home, Chiara wasn't thinking about her town, former friends, or even school. She was now a senior and already a legal adult, to her this means nothing, other than the fact that her dad won't save her ass next time she gets arrested.

"Home sweet home!" exclaimed Selma as she parked the car. The only thing Chiara was thinking about was if her parents raided her room and found her drug stash. She prayed they didn't.

———

After settling back in and seeing her dad for the first time since summer break began, the family all sat down for dinner. It consisted mainly of her parents talking and being completely oblivious to their daughter.

"Allora Chiara, sei entusiasta di tornare a scuola lunedì?" Her father, Alessandro, stated in their mother tongue. Chiara angrily dropped her fork and looked at both her parents with an eyebrow raised. [So Chiara, are you excited to go back to school on Monday?]

"I'm sorry what the fuck did you just say" she fumed. Going back to school was out of the question for her, especially tomorrow.

"Watch your tone, and you heard me just fine!" Alessandro said with the same amount of anger. He allowed no disrespect in his house, especially not from Chiara.

"Chiara sweetheart, let us explain. Your father and I agreed that it's best if you return to school for your last year" Selma calmly said, "Your doctor at the center, Mr. Blake suggested it." her mother added.

That fucker... why did I give him a blowjob, she thought.

"So I'm going back to school in a day and you only bothered to tell me this now? Wow, thanks a lot" she chirped. "I'm going to my room" and left the dining table. Her parents didn't even bother to go after her. The hospital told them she was better, but clearly, nothing has changed.

———

Chiara goes up to her bathroom and stares in the mirror. All she wants to do is scream her lungs out, but the last time that happened, it did not end well. Her anger hasn't toned down and all she wants to do is punch something. She balls up her right hand into a fist and repeatedly punches the mirror.

Bang after bang, after bang, after bang and she doesn't stop. Blood and pieces of glass cover her vanity, and all this does is make her laugh. She laughs until hot tears are rolling down her face.

She attempts to wash off some blood from her now bruised knuckles but gives up. She looks up to the broken mirror and smiles.

"At least I'm pretty" she shrugs.