No rest for the undying.

Mohan should be dead. No logic could explain why he was alive. He had seen it. His clothes mangled with blood. He had felt his guts spill out of his torso, his six pack perfectly cut by the blade. He had felt his own blood stain his heavy stubble of a beard.

And he had felt the girl's arm entwine with his.

But as he made his futile promise with his dying breath, something incredible happened. The fair hand in his palm grew hot. Heat grew in his hand. His blood receded. The heat continued to flow. The sensation was familiar, he thought.

Through the pain, Mohan barely recollected the bocco fruit he had eaten before. He had felt the same burning sensation then. But, if that was like putting your hand in fire, this would be more like being dragged into the centre of a nuclear explosion.

His thought was cut by a screeching laugh. This type of laughter was generally only seen in fiction. It was generally associated with a murderous, insane rage. It sent shivers down his spine. When he looked around to locate its source, he was shocked.

The polite, nice girl at his side was gone. Her smile was distinctly sadistic. Her white robes and silver hair were dyed a pale crimson. And her hand held an ice spike like a dagger.

"You didn't think it would be so easy to take my insignia off me, would you?"

Eldia said laughing.

Mohan lifted his head up to see who she was talking to. As he stood up, he was shocked to see the room full of ice. The boxes and railings were covered with a fine layer of snow. The temperature must have dropped by at least 50 degrees. As the heat within him dissipated, he began to feel cold. He instantly zipped up his jacket. This led him to notice that his guts were no longer spilling out.

"Well, I hadn't expected the witch incarnate to show up on my kill

"Well, I hadn't expected the witch incarnate to show up on my kill."

This new sound came from the top of one of the boxes. Its source was a woman.

She was rather tall, around the same height as Mohan, and she appeared to be in her early twenties. Her eyes angled downward toward the edges and she had a calm atmosphere to her. Her unusually pale skin clearly stood out even in that gloomy interior.

She was wearing a black cloak, but she'd left the front open so one could easily see her tight black outfit underneath it. Slender as she was, she had curves in all the right places.

And just like Mohan, she had black hair which seemed to be unusual in this world. Her long hair that went down to her waist was tied up as if braided, and she was currently fiddling with the end of it.

She had a rather bewitching aura.

And she held a black serrated blade with blood on it.