39%

y'all i think i want to enter the Wattys 2020 contest with book 1 :(

i'm also starting to write stories on dreame.com so if you can or if you are bored, please check them out! my name there is ngwesin.

and is anyone on tiktok? my id is daraisbaby xD but i've been shadow banned for almost 5 months :)

+

"Pfft," Ina rolls her eyes as she sips her chocolate bubble tea, "All these couples."

"How do you know they are couples?" Jimin asks, looking at the people around.

"A girl and a guy out together alone on Valentine's day, what else could they be? Frien--" She pauses once she realises what she's actually talking about.

Jimin who also notices the pause, glances at her before saying, "I mean, they could be friends."

"Yes, of course!" She exclaims a bit too enthusiastically, making her end up sound even more fake.

A dress on a mannequin catches her attention, "That looks so nice!"

"Go try it on. I will wait for you." Jimin smiles, watching her grin happily with her eyes sparkling like a little kid. She enters the store with exciting steps after leaving her bubble tea with Jimin. 

It's so refreshing to see her back to her normal self and being genuinely happy. For so long, she just always looked like she had a dark cloud looming over her. Even on days when she was smiling, Jimin was still able to see it following her around. The relationship was really mentally affecting her and she wasn't even aware of it. 

But now, she sincerely looks so happy that it makes Jimin happy as well. If he's able to see her happy like this for the rest of his life, he wouldn't mind just keeping his dreams only as dreams.

In other words, he wouldn't mind just being her friend like this if she's happy. He's scared that he might be the reason for her carefree smile to go away even though he for sure knows he wouldn't do anything like that. No one knows though. He might hurt her without intending to and that's why he's scared.

After all, her happiness comes before his own.

Suddenly Jimin feels a poke on his shoulder, causing him to turn his head around by reflex. 

"Do I look okay?" Ina asks, standing so effortlessly but beautifully in front of him. 

Jimin whips his head to look at the mannequin from earlier again, "Is it the same dress?"

"Yes?"

Wow, is all he can think of. The dress which seemed very ordinary now looks gorgeously magnificent on her. 

"What do you mean 'okay'? You look beautiful." He blurts out before he could stop himself. Sometimes, Jimin really hates how his body is always faster than his brain.

Ina's mouth opens and closes, making her look like a fish; an adorable fish in his eyes though.

Faking a cough, he says, "Sorry. I mean, yes. You should buy it."

"Okay." Ina replies softly before heading back to the changing room, the cheeky smiles from the female staffs making her more bashful. 

The female staff who was accompanying her smiles when she was about to enter the changing room, "You are so lucky to have a boyfriend like that."  

Ina gulps, "He's not my boyfriend."

With a shock expression, the staff apologises. "Sorry, miss. I just thought -- "