Chapter 24

Poppy's POV

Screaming so loudly it made my throat hurt, I aggressively shoved her away. Her skin was cold to the touch and it felt strange and stiff. She stumbled backwards from the force. The same smile she had been adorning the night she showed herself in my dream was plastered across her face. "What do you want from me?" I screamed scrambling to the other side of my fathers desk, gaining as much distance between us as I could.

A unnatural laugh erupted from her chest. "I've never smelled so much fear coming from one person." her scratchy voice proclaimed as she slammed her fist down against the desk on the other side. "What did you do with Patrick? WHERE IS HE?" I yelled, now more angry then scared. "I didn't touch him, he has nothing that I desire" she cackled before her face dropped into a sullen stare. "He feels no fear."

Another fit of raging laughter erupted through the room as she began to creep forward. She slammed an arm onto dads desk and long jagged nails tore up the wooden finish. I bolted to the door as fast as my legs could carry me, slipping a bit on the hard wood beneath me. I sprinted to the front door ripping it open and taking off down the street. The pebbles and rough weeds scrapped uncomfortably against the bottom of my feet but I didn't stop running, I couldn't.

I didn't even bother to look back to see if anyone was chasing me, I was to terrified. I continued to run until it felt as if my lungs where being squeezed by an anaconda. My foot caught onto an ivy plant and I toppled to the ground, my head slamming against the pavement so hard it caused black spots to float around in my now blurry vision.

I curled into myself cradling my body as I shook. If she was chasing me who knows how close she could be. A desperate wail tore through me, I had never been this scared before. What did that thing want from me? I heard the sound of a car coming to a stop somewhere near where I was laying. "Poppy? What the hell is wrong? What happened?" I heard a familiar voice say, growing closer along with the sound of heavy footsteps on the pavement.

I couldn't even bring myself to move. "Fuck" the person cursed from above me. I felt two arms pull me to my feet. I was stiff as a bored, it's like I was in shock. I was guided to the car and sat down in the passengers seat. My vision was blurry but I could tell that it was belch by the sound of the cars engine.

As soon as I was able to bring myself to speak I grabbed him by the sleeve of his t-shirt. "Where is it? Did you see it? It was chasing me." I said, hyperventilating as I tried my best to speak so that he could understand me. "What are you talking about? Who was chasing you?" He said prying my fingers away from his arm gently, he looked bewildered, scared of the things I was saying.

"It's gonna kill me"