Prologue

Louisville, Kentucky 2017

"I need to talk to you Cason."

"Not right now, I'm busy."

"Busy with what!? Your latest whore? Can you put your dick in your pants for five minutes so we can talk!?" The door swung open making Kitty stumble back a few steps. 

"Get the hell off my porch, if I remember correctly you are the one who broke it off. Not me. So take your sorry ass to someone else!" Cason moved to shut the door in her face, but she caught it with her foot.

"That was before I knew..." He gave her a look of disgust, scoffing when he realized what she meant.

"Newsflash Babygirl, I don't give a damn, so I suggest you find someone who does." With that the door was slammed in her face. She caught the sole tear that slid down her face with her finger, steeling her resolve and not shedding another.

"We don't need you anyway. We don't need anyone."

~~~~~~~

Los Angeles, California 2019

"What are your plans now that you've completed your Marvel career?"

"Um, I think I'd like to slow down for a little bit, maybe move back to Boston for a while to spend time with my family. Try to get back to a normal life as much as possible." Chris replied, the thought of living a normal life seeming foreign, but welcome.

"That sounds very peaceful, anyone special you want to spend your time with?" He chuckled, shaking his head.

"Not yet."

"Yet? So you'd like to settle down?"

"Definitely. It's time, or at least I feel like it is. I'm ready to find my special someone and have a family."