Chapter 38: New begginings

Are y'all still on lockdown?

Me: Not officially but I'm still staying at home most of the time.

Update: I'm back in fucking lockdown.

——————————————————————

I don't know why the fuck I am having so much trouble thinking of an excuse to get out of this damn house.
Everything I think of involves the boys having to accompany me and I'm not for it.

Doctors appointment?
Nope they have a personal doctor

Murdering spree?
Nope they would definitely want to join in.

Oooo...gynaecologist??
Bingo!!!

They cannot argue with that one.

The hardest part is going to be, actually trying to convince them that I'm telling the truth.
Which I'm not...but that's besides the point.

Lie your way to the top.

Well Stefano is on a business trip, Christian is at the hospital catering to his girlfriend and son, so my guess is the next in command would be Dominico and I'm not looking forward to this conversation.
I just pray he's in a good mood or at least any mood that doesn't involve murdering someone, which is very unlikely.

...

Entering the dining area, everyone is digging into their meals and once they notice me they encourage me to join them, instead i politely shake my head declining their offer.

"Dom, can I talk to you please?" I ask, interrupting his meal.

"Give me five minutes, I'll be up in a bit." He smiles before speeding up his eating.

I give him a small nod and disappear back to my room waiting for him.
I just hope he agrees because too much is going on in my mind right now and something tells me that even if he disagrees to letting me go I am going to somehow find a way to meet up with this person anyway.
Even if they can't help me or if this is just a trap , I need some sort of closure and peace of mind.

Though, I could be blindly walking into a death trap.
How amazing.

True to his words he appears in my room not long after.
"You alright fiamma?" (Flame) He asks wondering around my room, fidgeting with my stuff.

"Yeah...Erm... I need to go somewhere on Wednesday." I state, leaving no room for question.

"Where would that be neonata?"He raises an eyebrow at me.

"I have an appointment at the gynaecologist." I awkwardly tell him.

"For what?" He questions confused.

"I don't know Einstein. What does a gynaecologist do?" I reply sarcastically.

He rolls his eyes, "Alright, I'll go with you." He says picking a worn out stress ball off my dresser and playing with it in his hands.

Startled, I improvise, "No I need to go alone, I don't want to waste your time."

"You're not, it's fine." He shrugs it off.