C H A P T E R 18

July 1 | DAY 712 : 37 pm

July 1 | DAY 7
12 : 37 pm

All they had were sleepless nights, stuck in the cold bathroom of an abandoned supermarket, while the undead lurked outside, claiming the world to be theirs.

They survived on water alone for two days and they were tired, both their minds and bodies, tired of being stuck, tired of hiding.

Nights and days blended in together, they didn't seem any different for them. The only thing which marked the difference between the days and the nights were the bright rays of sunlight, which sneaked into the cold bathroom through a small closed awning window located near the ceiling.

They were now used to the god awful stench and every time they breathed in, it's taste lasted in the back of their throats, reminding them that the world was not theirs anymore.

Seokjin couldn't put a stopper to all the thoughts that seeped into his mind and each thought made him lose his last bit of hope, little by little. He couldn't speak properly, his tongue was dry and his lips were chapped and the only thing that kept him alive was that last bit of hope.

Fear and hunger ate them alive, but they still persevered, they were not ready to accept defeat.

His thought process was suddenly broken when Taehyung stood up and Seokjin's focus quickly veered onto him.

Taehyung slowly walked up to the sink and looked into the foggy mirror. He wiped the mirror clean with his hands to reveal his pale and fatigued face. He stared at his reflection and the reflection stared at him back, indifferently. He sighed and twisted the tap, but no water came out, not even a drop.

They had ran out of water, the only thing, other than that last bit of hope, that kept them alive.

Taehyung quickly moved onto another sink and twisted the tap, again and again, only to face the fact that the water reservoir had run out.

Now what?

"I think we've run out of water...", Taehyung turned to Seokjin, his voice so dry that it hurt those who heard it.

Seokjin sighed closing his eyes, he knew that this would happen someday.

"What are we supposed to do?", Yoongi stared at Seokjin, hoping for a solution.

"I don't know...", Seokjin finally spoke, his voice too, hoarse and dry.

"What if we...", Hoseok started speaking hesitantly. "... try to go out, get something to eat too."

Hoseok slowly looked at Seokjin's face, to see what his reaction was to his idea. They had all unconsciously given the leader position of their group to Seokjin. They felt like he could always be depended on, but that was not how Seokjin felt.

Seokjin couldn't even imagine getting out and facing one of those things again. He tried to stay tough, but inside he was what everybody was, afraid.