Chapter 35

Pretty face thug😍

Jacob's p.o.v

My morning always starts with me waking up squiggling like a worm underneath my blanket, but today is different..... to a great extent. Why? My whole body is freezing as if I've been sleeping under a thick layer of ice and not to mention the excruciating headache that's killing me at the moment.

A groan leaves my mouth when a loud growl from my stomach echoes through the room. 'It's not something water won't fix' I mentally tell myself, but I'm too lazy to get up. Water tends to help me fill my empty stomach at times and even though I'm positive that it isn't healthy, it's the fastest way to satisfy my own stomach.

I shiver pulling the blanket up when it exposes my shoulder although I'm covered in something cozy. I move around to find a warm spot on the bed, hug one of the pillows close to my chest and close my eyes to doze off, but I groan when I remember that I have a lot of things to do today.

First things first, I'll go find a nearby store to buy yesterday's groceries, because the last one had a guy that creeped me out. When I finish that, I'll do my laundry and go to work a bit earlier since it's Saturday.

Hopefully I'm able to work feeling this sick to my stomach and my head, all I need is some ibuprofen and I'm ready to go. I move the blanket away and try to sit up. When I finally manage to do so, I stretch my whole body lazily and shake my hair right after a sneeze that almost felt like my brain was being electrocuted.

I yawn lazily and rub my droopy eyes to get rid of the sleep. I doubtfully rub them again when I notice something odd. Either I'm crazy or my bed has more pillows than usual. I'm strangely surrounded by multiple soft pillows and covered in a blanket that I've never seen before.

'Uhm' stupidly comes out of my mouth as I attentively scan the blanket and pause when I move it away and a pair of blue pajama pants and a huge white hoodie come in view, a hoodie that is definitely not mine and it has such a comforting smell.

I rapidly start massaging my temples to recollect everything that has happened yesterday, but nothing much has happened than just visiting miss Alyssa at the hospital and then going straight to sleep after coming back home. Did anything else happen?

I tilt my head up with my hand over my mouth when my stomach lurches again making me a little nauseous and weak. I'm in desperate need of some water so I'll go to the bathroom instead of the kitchen, that's way faster. When I finally manage to stand on my feet to make my way to the bathroom, some kind of noise gets my attention.

Click...

And again....

Click...

That sounds like my door being forced open. My heart starts beating in fright as I carefully tip toe my way to the side of the wall that separates the living room and my room to take a quick peek. I'm still not used to living alone so every sound gets me steady to flee, how I'll do that is still unknown. I yelp when my doorknob turns and hear the sound of keys coming from the other side.

'Is someone trying to break in? But how come they have the key..'. I wonder and grip the side of the wall in terror when my door flies open.

My eyebrows go sky-high and I heave anxiously when an unbothered and fresh-looking Arthur casually enters the room, my room. He's wearing a brown coat and a black turtle neck underneath it and some black pants that fit him perfectly. He also has a silver necklace around his neck and a watch around his wrist. I inspect him silently behind the wall from head to toe and either I'm shrinking or his shoulders are way broader than ever and he got taller than before.