chapter twenty four

Draco's POV

I felt a new sense of confidence standing on the Quidditch pitch having just caught the snitch as the Gryffindors stood there with glum expressions on their faces.

Saint Potter always thought he was better than everyone else, however today I had proved him incorrect.

Something washed over me and before I knew it, I was strutting over to the infamous boy in front of me who didn't bother looking at me.

"Did you like my lyrics, Potter?" I spat at him, but he didn't look at me, infuriating me further. "We wanted to write another couple of verses!" I continued; my voice filled with hate. "But we couldn't find rhymes for fat and ugly – we wanted to sing about his mother you see." I snarked, a couple of Gryffindors shooting me disgusted looks, only egging me on further. "See, we couldn't fit in useless loser either for his father."

Harry continued to ignore me however the words were spilling out like vomit, hatred lacing every word and syllable. However, I began to notice Fred tense up and start to stare me down.

"Leave it, Fred. Let him yell, he's just an arrogant prat." A girl said to Fred, grabbing him by the arm.

"But you like the Weasley's, don't you, Potter?" I sneered; I couldn't seem to shut my mouth. My blood was boiling for no apparent reason and I began to see red. "Spend the holidays there and everything, don't you? Can't see how you stand the stench, but I suppose when you've been dragged up by Muggles even the Weasley's hovel smells okay." I continued to sneer.

The reaction I was receiving from them all only sparked the fire. Harry and a few other Gryffindors were holding Fred and George back as I let out a loud laugh.

"Or perhaps," I began again, stepping backwards slowly. "You can remember what your mother's house stank like, Potter and Weasley's pigsty reminds you of it- "Before I could continue, the three boys began sprinting at me. I stood with my fists clenched as they all pounced on me, attacking every inch of my body as I attempted to inflict as much pain back on the three of them as possible.

Amelia's POV

As I began walking off of the pitch with Tracey's arm linked in mine, I began hearing shouting and screaming coming from behind us at what appeared to be a fight that had broken out. It only took me a moment see realize who this fight was between as Fred, George and Harry were all on top of Draco attacking him mercilessly.

Without a second thought, I began sprinting towards the group as there seemed to be no one around attempting to stop them. I began to feel dizzy and my heart felt heavy as I approached them.

"Stop!" I screamed but none of the boys looked up at me. "You're hurting him!" I continued before trying to drag Harry off of him.

"IMPEDIMENTA!" I screamed, pointing my wand at the three boys and watching them fly backwards. They all stared at me with guilt ridden expressions as I knelt down towards Draco and held his beaten face in my hand. "Tracey, help me take him to the hospital wing. Go get Zabini, now." I demanded as I glared at George, Fred and Harry as they walked away.

We'd managed to get Draco to the hospital wing and for some reason he'd barely spoken a word to me. He was now fast asleep, still in his quidditch gear. I was so stressed that I could barely stay to look at him all beaten and bruised so I decided to go find Tracey to vent for a bit before returning to take care of him.

I was hurt and confused as to why this had all happened, it really felt as though I was never allowed to be happy for too long.

As I was exiting the hospital wing, I was greeted with Harry leaning against the wall clearly waiting for me, his own face slightly bruised also.

"I don't want to hear it." I glared at him as he stepped towards me.

"Amelia- "Harry began but I quickly pushed passed him.

"I said, I don't want to hear it." I repeated harshly.

"He wrote the chant about Ron." Harry said quickly, grabbing my arm to stop me from walking away. "And he started insulting both Molly Weasley and our mother." He continued.

I felt my heart shatter in my chest. Why would Draco do such a thing? I was furious at him. But I was also furious at Harry, it was almost as if every time I was finally happy, he had to tear me down. Tears instantly began running down my cheeks.

"You know I wouldn't have done this unprovoked, what he was saying was disgusting." Harry continued but I simply shoved his arm off of me but before I could run away, he wrapped his arms around me. I began sobbing into his chest even though I'd rather be a million other places. I knew it probably wasn't the truth, but I almost felt as though Harry tried so desperately to provoke every bad aspect of Draco when he didn't truly know him.

"He's not good for you, Amelia." Harry continued but I simply responded with a heavy sob.

"You don't know him." I eventually whispered as I began to control my breathing.

"His father is a death eater, he's made horrific comments about both our mother and Ron's, he's a complete prat. What more is there to know?" Harry commented.

I pushed his chest away from me and started pacing towards the common room. I needed to think this out alone.

Happy birthday to me.