ch.15

Keefe's pov

I was pacing around in Marella's house, while Dex was working on a way to track the Neverseen. Marella helped too.

"Funky hair, stop pacing. It making me nauseous," Ro said. "Why don't you help out fire girl and the gadget dude?"

Marella turned to Ro, her blond hair swishing. "No nicknames."

Ro sighed and threw some daggers at the wall.

Marella noticed it and stormed up to the ogre princess. "Don't do that."

"Rules,rules,rules!" Ro put her hands up in frustration. "When's it gonna be done gadget dude?!"

Dex squinted at the words he scribbled on a paper. "Hey.....I found something." His hands gestured to come beside him.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Did you found their location?" Marella asked sitting next to Dex.

Dex rubbed the back of his neck. "Um, it's not that–sorry–but it's about Biana."

Marella's face hardened for a second. "What is it?"

"Her mind's gonna be erased for the second time." Dex said, looking up at us.

"For the second time??!!" Ro asked.

"Yeah," Dex said, writing down some more scribbles. "But I have another theory. What if this wasn't the first time her memories got erased?"

I pinched the bridge of my nose. "So what are you saying? This is the 100th time?"

Dex looked at me like I was an idiot. "Uh,no? More like......50th."

Marella sighed in disbelief. "Then if her memories became replaced for –I don't know how many times– then that means our memories got replaced too!"

"Ummm.....why?" I asked, not catching up on Marella's theory.

Dex tilted his head a little. "Yeah....why?"

Marella smirked a little. "Because, if Biana's memory was replaced, we would know what happened! So the Neverseen came up with a story and decided to plant that in our heads."

"Then why did they make Biana not remember?" Dex asked.

I cut in. "Because they need us to not trust her. We think she did those things and Biana dosen't remember. The Neverseen wants us to think Biana is lying to us!" I felt a little bit more smart. But I am smart.

Ro put her hands on her hips. "Then can't you make a device to not get our memories erased?"

Dex snapped his fingers. "That's an excellent idea."

—————————————————————————

Biana's pov

Cold....that was the first thing when I felt when I woke up. I rubbed the back of my head. I must have fell down when Krit–Sophie inflicted on us. Somthing sticky and cold was sticked to my hair. Blood. My blood. Oh gosh I must have fell down real hard.

Wincing at the pain, I looked if anyone was awake. Tam was awake leaning against the wall, his eyes closed.

"Hey," I said, sitting next to him. "How are you holding up?"

Tam looked at me. His face was paler than usual and there were dark circles underneath his eyes. "I'm okay. What about you?"

I raised one eyebrow. "Seriously, you're okay? Look at your face! You are certainly not okay."