Prologue

Mike Wheeler was a normal 15 year old. Well, normal as in he fit in with the crowd. He lived in a big house with a "picture perfect" family. He wasn't popular, but he did have a great group of friends. There was Lucas, Dustin, Will, and Max. They weren't exactly jocks or anything like that. The only person who was close to being a jock was Max, and all she did was skateboard. The party, as they called themselves, fell more on the nerd category. They preferred to spend their time playing dungeons and dragons, and hangout at the arcade. Mike didn't mind, he was happy with his life, for the most part.

Eleanor Hopper was also a normal 15 year old, mostly. She didn't exactly "fit in" with the crowd, she more disappeared in it. She didn't mind though, she was quiet and shy with a loud mind. She never says what she thinking. Instead, she says nothing to anyone, other than her father. Jim Hopper has been very protective over Eleanor ever since her mother died, but, again, Eleanor didn't mind. She didn't have any friends due to her being so quiet. She put up walls ever since her mom's death, which is why she is always in her head, to escape reality. There are a few things Eleanor wishes she could change in her life, but just everyone else in the world. She can't.