Chapter 6 - A perfect bliss

King janak and queen Sunaina were in their chamber busy in their morning routine when they heard some voices.

"aah!aah! Didi leave me please my ear is hurting. "

"no you won't be spared today. How many times did i warn you today you will be punished"

Sita entered the chamber dragging a 6 year old urmila by her ear. Urmila slipped out of her hold and ran and hid behind janak.

"pitashree save me from sita didi" said urmila while hiding behind him

"urmi what happened? Sita what did she do this time? " asked a curious sunaina. While janak picked up urmila in his arms lovingly.

"ma pitashree yesterday night when everyone fell asleep she once again painted on mandavi's face. " accused sita

Janak giggled slowly at the antics of his younger one while sunaina glared at him. Understanding the indication he cleared his throat and asked urmila in a strict tone
"urmi why did you do this again. Your ma warned you last time na not to do this again. It took her two hours to remove that paint from her face last time. Why do you do this to your sisrer. Why spoil her beautiful face? "

"pitashree i was trying to make rakshasi's face look beautiful with my beautiful paintings. She should not remove the paint na she looks more beautiful with those paintings" complained urmi

This time both sita and janak chuckled while sunaina was angry. Seeing her anger both sita and janak controlled their laughters.

"Enough urmi. You will be punished for this and how many times did i tell you not to call your elder sister rakshasi. Today you will not play with your sisters instead you will help me in the kitchen " declared sunaina.

Janak and sita were shocked whereas urmila was in tension. For kitchen and urmila was a bad pairing. She looked at janak with puppy eyes which janak could not resist. He had to save his daughter. He thought of an idea.

"Sunaina you need not worry about this little prankster of of our. You already have so many responsibilities leave her to me. As you said she won't play with her sisters today instead she will come with me to court. " said janak winking at sita and urmila.

Sunaina opened her mouth to protest but janak immediately interrupted and said " sunaina you should go and help mandavi remove the paint i am sure that little girl will be facing a hard time with that paint. You should hurry up. "

Sita understanding her father's plan supported him " yes maa she is trying from last half an hour i think you should go see her"

Sunaina immediately left the room. Janak settled on the bed and made both sita and urmila sit on his lap.

"urmi this time i saved you from your mother's wrath but next time i won't be able to so control your mischiefs and sita i am proud of you the way you look after your younger sibblings is just commendable . "

Urmila hugged sita and said" Don't you know pitashree my sita didi is the best. "

"yeah yeah i know you and your love for your sita didi. Now hurry up and get ready i will take you from your chamber before your mother takes you to kitchen" said janak chuckling

"no no i dont want to go to the kitchen. Sita didi lets go" saying this urmila pulled sita out of the room leaving a giggling janak behind.

........................

"sita didi tell me which dress i should wear this one or this" asked urmila showing sita two dresses

"whichever you want to my urmi will look pretty in every dress. " smiled sita