We Meet Again

i picked up my glider and ran out the door.

but i was too late.

a dusty grey mist washed over the grounds and i felt myself being slowly pulled into the direction he had gone to.

i sprinted through the hall, and glided down the mountainside. then i saw them.

the avatar had created a whirlwind and his friend was trying to calm him down.

she looked like a girl id known from the northern water tribe 100 years ago.

but i couldn't afford to waste time thinking about the past: their lives were in danger.

i tried to glide down to the structure but the wind just pulled me in and i had to get off or id be sucked into the tornado.

instead, i fell into some bushes and scrambled my way towards them.

as it calmed down i was almost ready to fly out.

but it began to slowly stop.

i saw the avatar slowly float down to the ground, releasing his wind sphere and allowing the two children to hold his hands.

were they, calming him down?

was it working?

all too soon, he fell into the girls arms and i knew it was my time to fly in.

all i heard were these words, coming faintly out of his mouth, 'i really am the last airbender.'

i landed behind a wall that was still standing and clicked my glider closed.

amazingly, the avatar had completely calmed down and the two children were helping him.

it was a sweet scene and i really didn't want to spoil it. so i stayed at the side for a while. thinking of my family who id left behind all those thousands of years ago and envying what those kids had.

---

finally i stepped forward, elegantly hopping over the fence, so silently i almost didn't get their attention.

but the older boy heard me.

he whipped his head round and pointed something at me.

was that a boomerang?

'uh guys?' he stuttered.

but they didn't notice.

'UH GUYS' he said, louder this time.

'what is it sokka?' asked the girl before seeing me.

'WHO ARE YOU?' she cried, pushing the avatar behind her to shield him.

she thought i was the enemy.

'who are you?' i asked, calmly, but in a way that showed i had complete control over the situation.

i held my glider to my side, ready to attack if necessary.

'im katara of the southern water tribe and this is my brother sokka.' she replied, her voice only just giving away her timidness, 'now tell me who you are!'

'i am y/n.' i said, proudly and loudly. commanding respect, 'the last of the storm benders and i am here to help the avatar.'

'now step away from him, and no one will get hurt.'

the two siblings just huddled closer to the avatar and narrowed their eyes.

'if you want him.' said sokka, 'you're going to have to go through us'