Chapter 28

The next day, Shoto, Katsuki, and Izuku all settled for hanging out in Izuku's apartment. None of them had any plans for the day, and none of them wanted the other's out of their sight, so this was the best course of action.

"We need to find a new bassist by Saturday." Shoto randomly spoke up. The three of them were sprawled out on Izuku's couch when he had been struck with the sudden realization.

Katsuki groaned at the reminder and Izuku just directed his eyesight, guiltily, away from the two.

"Can't we worry about that later?" The blond asked, rolling his head to the side to be able to look at his half and half boyfriend.

Shoto shook his head at the blond's obvious distaste for dealing with current issues. "That gives us less than seven days to find a bassist and get them up to speed on our set." He pointed out, knowing that they'd either need the best damn bassist alive on any given day, or a decent one by tomorrow.

"Can't you play bass?" Katsuki asked, clearly annoyed with the fact he was supposed to be taking a day off, and yet here he was, technically working.

If Shoto had a free hand to facepalm with, he would have. "Katsuki, I play the guitar." He gently reminded the blond.

"Same thing, right? Just less strings. Shouldn't that make it easier?" Katsuki asked, his face scrunched in confusion. He played the drums, he hit things with sticks. String instruments were beyond his comprehension.

"If I didn't love you so much, I'd smack you, right here, right now." Shoto said, utterly disgusted by his boyfriend's words.

Katsuki's eyes flew open wide at the remark. "What?! What'd I do?" He asked, his voice raising in confusion.

"A bass guitar and regular guitar are two different instruments, you half witted drummer." Shoto nearly seethed out in irritation.

"But they're literally the same thing!" Katsuki argued back, not understanding the difference.

The two would have kept up their bickering, if it weren't for a small clearing of a throat catching their attention.

"Um... I can play bass..." Izuku said quietly, unsure of himself. He didn't know if he could follow through with what he was implying, but he knew they weren't going to be able to find someone else by Saturday and they couldn't' exactly afford to give up a job like that.

Both of his boyfriend's just stared at him in shock for a few moments.

Finally, Katsuki spoke up. "No offense Deku, but we kind of need a bassist that can play in front of people."

He doubled over with a grunt a second later, after Shoto dug his elbow into his gut.

"Just because you say no offense, doesn't mean it's automatically not offensive." The half and half male hissed under his breath.

Izuku tried to hide his amusement by his boyfriend's actions, but shook his head and grabbed Shoto's arm. "No it's fine, I'm not offended by the truth." He told them. "I just... I know how hard it'll be to find a bassist by Saturday and one who can learn your songs at that. I know I said I have stage fright, but I think I can do it if I'm not singing." Izuku said, trying to sound convincing and confident, but he kind of just ended up sounding desperate, which didn't help his case.

Shoto let out a sigh at his reasoning. He held his arms open and pulled the shorter man into his chest. "We appreciate the offer, but we're not gonna push you out of your comfort zone like that, especially since we don't even know if you'll be able to do it. The last thing we want is for you to have a panic attack because of us." He told him truthfully.

Katsuki leaned back against the armrest of the couch, watching the two. "Yeah Deku, don't worry about us. We'll figure something out." He said, but he was anything but reassuring.

The green haired male in Shoto's arms shook his head. "No, I want to do it. I know I can do it. C'mon guys, everyone's always telling me that I'll never get over my fears or anxieties if I never try to push myself. Well, this is me trying to push myself, you guys have to let me." Izuku explained in a pretty dramatic speech, but it got through to his two boyfriends, which was the point.

A groan came from Katsuki as he rested his head on Izuku's shoulder. "If you freeze up, I'm going to say 'told ya so'." He warned.

As an afterthought, he added, "I mean, I'll help you and get you off stage, but once you're okay again I'll tell you."

Izuku lightly giggled at how much of a 'Katsuki' thing that would be. "Wow, my knight in shining armour, really." He said in a teasing fashion.

"Damn right I am." Katsuki said with a smirk as he placed a kiss on Izuku's cheek. It was really the only place he could reach with Shoto in between them.

"In hindsight of the last few days, you both are." Izuku said, a hand on his chin as he suddenly thought back to the events that had taken place with Monoma and Kirishima.

"Yeah, we should get you a body guard or something, you're like a fucking magnet for assholes." Katsuki said in a slight growl.

"That is a terrible idea." Izuku said, completely appalled by the suggestion.

Rolling his eyes at the bickering from his boyfriends, Shoto lightly pushed Izuku off him so he could stand. "Well are you two coming? Izu needs to know how to play our set by Saturday if he wants to help us so badly." He pointed out, holding separate hands out to each of them.

Izuku eagerly took the hand, excited to learn new songs on any instrument. Katsuki, on the other hand, just huffed and got up by himself, as expected.

The short, green haired boy was bouncing on his feet, dragging Shoto towards his recording studio, which is where he kept his guitar and bass. "C'mon, c'mon, c'mon!" He said, huffing from the effort. Shoto decided it'd be funny to pull back slightly.

"Why're you so excited, nerd?" Katsuki asked, eyeing him suspiciously as they walked down the hall and eventually into the room.

"I've had half your songs stuck in my head and I could only sing them, but now I'll be able to play at least one part along with the lyrics, sue me for being a little happy about that." Izuku said sassily, sticking his tongue out at Katsuki like a child.

"I can teach you the guitar part too, if you want." Shoto offered, knowing most prefer having a guitar accompaniment over just bass.

Izuku's eyes went as wide as his smile. "Yes please!"

"Great, as if I wasn't annoyed enough with one boyfriend playing them constantly."