Quatorze

"Still waiting, hands shaking; Maybe the coast will clear." 

-Panic Room; AU/RA 

Mikala POV 

"Mika-chan hurry, they posted the contestants." Yukio shouted, pulling me by the hand towards the bulletin board where the names of the contestants who were to compete in the Autumn Election. 

We arrived just in time for the cover over the board to rise and reveal the names. Chewing on the inside of my cheek, I squinted my eyes to search for my name. After a few seconds I finally found it under the "Block A" section. 

"Ah, I'm in Block A." I told the orange haired girl who i'm sure didn't hear me due to her jumping up and down babbling that she made the list. 

"All the first years at polar star made the cut." Ryoko said, walking up to up with said people, "Well, all except Sato and Aoki." 

The two mentioned people just flashed us a smile before holding two thumbs up, "It's fine, we'll just cheer you guys on from the sidelines." Aoki stated, holding a fist up in the air while Sato nodded along to his words with a serious look on his face. 

"Ah, we should tell Fumio-san, I bet she'll be more excited than we are." Yuki exclaimed, pulling out her phone and calling said woman. 

"Oi, Mikachu!" Turning around, I searched for the person who called me, already knowing who to search for. 

Spotting the angered girl, I paled as she stomped closer. A scared looking Jamie on her trail, once she was close enough I spoke up, "Hey Kim, did I do something?" 

Kimberly let out a huff before going into a full on rant in Mandarin. Since I was still a beginner to the language, I looked over at Jamie for help. 

Letting out a small breath the boy explained, "She's upset she didn't make the cut and that you did, ah now shes cursing" 

"Damn right I am!" Kim switched back to Japanese. Taking a deep breath, the taller girl frowned a bit, "I'm disappointed that I didn't make it but I'm happy for you." She muttered the last bit but Jamie and I both still heard it. 

I let out a small smile before pulling the girl into a hug, "Thanks Kim, don't worry, I'll win it for you." 

"You better." Kim responded, pushing me away. 

"Ah that's right," Turning towards Jamie, I tilted my head, "What about you? You said I made it and Kim didnt but you didn't say anything about you." 

Raising an eyebrow, Kim looked at me in confusion, "You haven't heard? Jamie can't participate since he accidently set the east kitchen on fire. Well, technically it was Rin-senpai but he ran away leaving Jamie with the blame. That damn coward," She hissed out. 

Jamie sheepishly pat the girls back to calm her down, "It's fine, Jin-senpai forced him to take partial responsibility. Thanks to that i wasn't suspended." 

"But still…" 

Looking away from the conversation, I spotted Akira standing by himself a good distance away from everyone else. His signature stick of cinnamon held up under his nose as he stared at the board. 

"Hey, I'll see you guys later okay?" Not giving them time to explain, I jogged over to the white haired male, poking his stomach once I was close enough to grab his attention. "Hey, Akira. Congratulations on making the cut." 

The taller boy let out a small hum before looking down at me, "Naturally, and congrats to you too. See you in the semi-finals." Akira said before walking away.