.21

STILL
"
EXECUTION"

NATALIA CLUTCHED the flash charges tightly in her hand as she got onto her bike

NATALIA CLUTCHED the flash charges tightly in her hand as she got onto her bike. It was pitch black outside, their only light being the full moon up in the sky. The scorching heat of the planet had died down since the twin suns set but it was still hot nonetheless.

"Ride as fast as you can towards those rocks." The Mandalorian said as Toro jumped onto his bike.

"That's your plan?" Toro scoffed. "She'll snipe us right off the bikes."

"That's what these are for." Natalia said as she waved the flash charges in front of him.

"We alternate shots. It'll blind any scope temporarily." The Mandalorian explained as he got on his own bike. "Combine that with our speed and we got a chance."

"A chance?" Toro asked, his eyes widening slightly.

"Hey, you wanted this." The Mandalorian reminded. "Get ready."

"Let's go." Natalia grumbled as she placed her goggles over her eyes. "If I'm gonna die might as well get it over with." 

The three took off on their bikes down the sand dune. Natalia felt her heart begin to race in her chest as they moved blindly through the sand. Any second one of them could be shot down and that scared Natalia more than she'd like to admit. 

"Now!" The Mandalorian yelled.

Toro wasted no time and fired off his charge, sending a beam of white light into the air. But as the charge exploded a shot was fired off much too close for Natalia's liking. She could feel the heat radiating from the shot as it flew past her and into the ground beside her bike.

"Natalia." The Mandalorian said as another shot hit the sand in between  his and Toro's bike.

"On it." Natalia said before shooting her charge into the air, sending another streak of light into the air. 

The three were approaching the ridge fast. Natalia guessed it was no more than fifty feet before them and at the speed they were going they'd reach it in less than a minute. An explosion suddenly sounded next to Natalia and she whipped her head back to see the Mandalorian flying through the air as his bike about three feet behind him. 

"Oh, shit!" Natalia yelled, slowing her bike down as the Mandalorian face planted into the sand. "You good?"

The Mandalorian slowly got up, raising his charge up to the sky. "Keep going!" He yelled before firing his charge into the air.

Natalia took off again at full speed towards the ridge, discarding her bike next to Toro's before walking up it on foot. "So what are we gonna do?" Toro whispered.

"Quiet." Natalia instructed as she pulled out her blaster.

"Are we going to kill her? Handcuff her?" Toro asked.