Chapter: 06

I glanced at the very pervish text he just sent me as the feeling of utter loath over an enthusiasm gone bad feeling descended on me. Despite this, my mind and instincts still screamed 'safe'. My gut is always right. I don't think he's bad guy and a pervert. Maybe I'm being way too judgemental but still there was a small part of me which yelled at me saying, "What if he breaks your heart?"

Now

He just broke my heart into many tiny little pieces. It feels as if those pieces are like shards of broken glass plunging through my heart. There is no doubt about the fact that he loves me more than anyone he knows but his anger is something he isn't able to deal with. As the love of his life it is my responsibility to love him at his darkest and lowest but lately things have become unendurable.

I dropped myself on the wooden bench which is covered in the shiny blanket of the white snow. It is freezing out here and all I should do now is ponder about where to go somewhere warm. It is oddly relaxing when I think about him being warm at his heated house, at least he wouldn't be cold tonight. He tends to catch a cold real fast and I hate watching him get sick.

Little flecks of shimmering ice were descending slowly from the grey sky above. The other benches of the now white park looked white as the snow rested upon them like a cushion. I miss his warm hands around me, and as soon as the thought came in my mind my lips started to form a smile.

"I set you free, leave and never show me your face again"

From the very first day of our relationship we were very accustomed with bickering but those bickers were also filled with a hidden message screaming words of love and affection. No matter what would happen, we would always find each other at the end of the day. Utter apologetic words, pour each other wine and dance in the kitchen as he will cook. 

He would come home after work and I will make sure to give him the night of his life and the next morning I will get the famous 'breakfast in bed'. No matter how hard we fought, the respect for one another was something we have always maintained for each other. But since the last year, ever since that matter, we have changed. We have changed drastically. After that matter..

We no longer think about each other's feelings, all we know while fighting is how else can we hurt each other at the worst ways possible. My phone began to ring as I quickly looked towards it with the hope of finding his name on my screen. It was my sister. Of course it isn't Eran. Nowadays whenever we fight, we tend to enter each other's minds after two to three weeks. 

My teeth chattered as I picked up the call. "Hey" I said as I saw the warm white smoke from my cold mouth, filling the small space in front of me. "Rose? What's wrong? You are literally shivering" replied Veronica sounding tensed. "Oh no, the heater of our house isn't working and I just took a shower" I said giving a faint laughter. 

"Oh, never mind! God, is this a time to even shower? Whatchu doing now though? Where is my bro, Eran?" The name sent shivers through my spine as the butterflies occurred in my belly, my heart beats accelerating. Strange how, even after being literally kicked out of his house at the middle of a snowy night, his name is still setting off sparks throughout my body.

Tears gathered in my swollen red eyes as I choked back a sob as I tightly closed my mouth with my cold hands. I slowly drew in a slow breath to regain my composure. "He had such a long day today, he went to sleep already" I answered. "Whatever is going on Rose, things will be okay. I want you to hold on to that little hope" said Veronica as my eyes squeezed shut as the tears came rushing down, melting my frozen cheeks.

I nodded as if she could see it. I knew, no matter how hard I tried to conceal my melancholy, Veronica would never buy it. I disconnected the call and turned my mobile phone off and stared at the distance. I cannot do these right now, I just can't. I cannot fight her defending you. I cannot tell her anymore that its just that you had a bad day at work and that's why we had a fight.