~ Chapter 23 ~ (One Sided Battle)

It's been 3 month since Kanao is adopted by the Kocho sisters. Shinobu doubt about adopting Kanao at first since she can't do anything unless being told.

But Kanae being easygoing as ever, managed to change Shinobu's perception about Kanao. It's true Kanao can't decide things on herself soo Kanae gave Kanao a coin to flip to help her make decisions until she could stand on her own.

That was the story on their side. There's another side we focusing right now, the stranger with the black cloak decorated with red clouds who goes by the name 'Itachi'.

Itachi can be seen walking around at a travelling road. He is just wandering around as usual. It's currently 9:30PM right now. The moon is already lighting up in the sky while the stars shining around the moon

Itachi just walked while watching the sky. It's such a peaceful night. Sadly a beautiful night will always be tainted by demons running around. Itachi just sighed, as long as that despicable man still alive, no night will be peaceful for the humans.

But Itachi also realised something, not all the demons he faced in the past turn into one on their own will. Some are forced to turn into one due to their problems living as human such as health problem and they don't want to die.

When they turned into a demon, many did not retain their memories when they were a human. They also turned into the twisted version of themselves after transforming into one.

Itachi just keep walking while pondering to himself. While in his journey, he decided to jump on a tree before sitting on a branch.

Itachi then took out a little container box he's been holding. He opened up and there are a few dango sticks and mochi inside the box. He took a dango first before starting to eat while watching the beautiful night. It's such peaceful night right now.

He keeps eating few by few inside the box until he can't feel anything anymore inside the box. Itachi looked at the box and found out it was already empty. He just sighed before closing the box and put it at the side.

Itachi just continue to sit on the branch while looking at the sky before hearing something clashing. The sound is like a sword clashing. He then decided to investigate...

~Meanwhile~

A lone slayer is seen gasping for her breath. She did not expect the demon to be this powerful. She tried to stab the demon soo she can inject poison but the demon managed to dodge every attack she make and predicted every move she was gonna use.

The demon is not one of the twelve demon moons since there's no number in the demon eyes. However he is no mere demon, he's exceptionally calm, composed and calculating.

The slayer just eyed the demon while worrying for herself. She doesn't know if she could win or not. She was patrolling earlier since it was her shift for tonight before found herself on this situation.

~flashback~

Shinobu is leaving the house right now, "Nee-san, tonight is my turn to be patrolling. You should take care of Kanao" Shinobu said to Kanae.

Kanae just smiled, "Goodluck Shinobu, be careful okay?" Kanae said in concern which Shinobu just nodded. Then she leave the house. Kanae always worried for Shinobu when she is alone patrolling.

Shinobu already patrolled in the past soo this one will also be fine right? Kanae just shook her head, she wasn't supposed to thought like that. Shinobu will be fine as always. She supposed to believe in her younger sister's skills.

Shinobu right now is walking in the night while looking around for any suspicious act. She keep walking before hearing footsteps in fast pace approaching her.