T W E N T Y - E I G H T

The rest of breakfast is spent by the various pack members asking me questions about my life. Some questions were innocent in nature: asking about my family, what I like to do, my favorite food. When the questions arose about my relationship with Grayson, he began to growl at them until they left me alone. It was kind of cute to see him acting all Grumpy when people asked about our relationship. Others may view it as him being easily irritable, but I see it for what it really is. He wants to keep our relationship between us- how can I complain about that?

He eventually calmed down from the whole "punching Clay until he's almost dead" thing. Me sitting in his lap seemed to help him. I'm definitely not okay with all that violence, and we will be having a talk about his lack of control of his anger, but for now I just let him hug me. Throughout the meal I could feel his tense body slowly relax against mine.

While the other members were interrogating me, yes, that's what it felt like, Axel joined the table and sat down next to Cooper. Axel wanted Cooper to sit on his lap, but Cooper kept complaining while saying that they both couldn't eat at the same time and he wouldn't stop eating to sit on him. Axel mentioned something about him paying for that later, but I don't know what he was referring to.

It turns out that Cole is actually the Gamma of the pack. That's the werewolf term for third in command, and he is in charge of training the warriors so they're combat ready. I have no idea what combat they need to prepare for, but I guess that's not my concern. Cole was very nice, and he kept going on and on about how I need to meed his mate who is away for the weekend. I think I learned more about her than about him, and she wasn't even there!

After thanking everyone for the meal, Grayson leads us back up to his room so he can shower. He shuts the door behind him and walks towards me until my back is plastered to the door. He seems to like pinning me to different surfaces...

With both hands placed on the door, he cages me between his arms and looks down at me with a soft smile. "So," he begins, drawing the word out as he raises an eyebrow. "How do you feel?"

When I don't answer him, he changes his question. I think he can tell that I'm confused by his question.

"How do you feel about the pack? Was it too overwhelming? If I had known you would have been down there I would have come straight away." He seems worried about how I'll react. I guess it makes sense to be cautious because the last time he surprised me I didn't speak to him for three days. Granted, he revealed his supernatural status, but it still makes sense for him to be worried about my reaction.

I give him a shy smile. "I like them, Gray." He gives me a short kiss on the lips after I use the nickname. It just came so naturally to me, and it's very fitting. "They're a bit... eccentric? But they were being really nice to me. The only person who wasn't was Clay-"

As if on command, Grayson's jaw clenches at the mention of Clay. Those two must have had some history because I find it hard to believe that Grayson would get that mad at another pack member for only saying something inappropriate about me. Clay didn't even get near me.

"He won't ever talk to you again. If he does, you come and get me immediately." His voice is firm and leaves no room for argument... Yet, I still argue with him anyway.

"Why? So you can kill him?"

"Yes." Grayson answers with no hesitancy. He doesn't even try to hide the fact that Clay would be dead if he even looks at me funny.

"You will do no such thing!" I scream at him, pushing his chest away from me. Grayson only moves an inch, and I most likely only pushed him that far because I surprised him. Based off of the look on his face, he obviously didn't expect me to react that way. How does he think I was going to react to him proposing murder?!