Chapter 9

Gu Ren leaned over and sat down in the car. Gu Ren's hand rested on the steering wheel, stepped on the accelerator and sped up.

The housekeeper looked at the distant Lamborghini. He silently thought that there had been too many things that happened with the young master this year. He really hoped that the young lady could change the fate of the young master and let the young master live in peace.

When Gu Ren went out, Ye Zhi stayed at home.

Ye Zhi looked at her phone and tried to understand this new world. A prompt suddenly rang and a piece of news suddenly popped up at the top of the screen

[The film emperor Gu Ren suffered a car accident but fortunately nothing serious happened to him.]

Ye Zhi was startled and immediately opened the news. When she read that Gu Ren was safe, she was relieved.

She remembered Zhao Tianshi's divination that as long as she spent Gu Ren's money it would help him prevent the disasters so he would be able to pass them safely.

Why did Gu Ren had another accident? Coincidentally, the car that Gu Ren drove this time was the Lamborghini she bought for him.

Ye Zhi suddenly felt a chill on her spine. She obviously helped Gu Ren spend the money and even spent ten million with great boldness.

Was the Lamborghini she sent so unlucky? Gu Ren had an accident immediately after the first drive.

Where did the problem lay?

Although the news said that Gu Ren was not hurt, Ye Zhi was still worried. After all, Gu Ren was driving the car she bought. How could she not be anxious? She had to ensure that he was fine.

She was really guilty.

Ye Zhi stood up and was about to leave the room and go downstairs. She hadn't opened the door yet when it suddenly jolted and a slender figure came in. It was Gu Ren.

Ye Zhi was stunned for a moment and she immediately greeted him after recovering from her initial shock. She asked worriedly, "Are you alright?"

Gu Ren looked down at her and said, "Nothing serious, just a sprained right hand."

His expression remained unchanged and his tone was casual.

Gu Ren lifted his feet and was about to go to his room. As he passed by Ye Zhi, Ye Zhi's low voice sounded, "I'm sorry."

Gu Ren turned around and looked at Ye Zhi with his black eyes.

Ye Zhi was very upset, "I spent the money as you said but you still..."

The next second, Gu Ren dropped a sentence promptly interrupting Ye Zhi's following words. His tone was indifferent and aloof. "This is not your fault."

Ye Zhi froze on the spot as she looked up at Gu Ren.

Gu Ren's voice was low, slow and clear, "When we signed the contract, I asked you to help me spend money to prevent the disaster as a respect to the wishes of my elders."

"I don't care if disasters can't be prevented."

Ye Zhi looked at Gu Ren who wore an indifferent look. She understood that he was comforting her.

Ye Zhi pursed her lips, still very guilty, "But your hand was hurt."

Gu Ren opened his mouth very lightly, "I didn't take these wounds to heart."

Ye Zhi's eyes met Gu Ren's. His good-looking eyes were darker than ink.

Silence...

Ye Zhi realized that Gu Ren might not really care.

When they signed the contract before, he reiterated that he didn't care about those superstitious things. So now, he didn't care about the wound on his hand.

Ye Zhi didn't know what would make Gu Ren care about himself.

Gu Ren comforted, "It's not your fault, so don't think about it."