On Your Left

Peter Parker walked into the tower's common room early Monday morning. He had the day off of school and decided to spend it at the tower. He spotted Sam Wilson and Steve Rodgers in jogging gear.

"Hey!" Pete said cheerfully.

"Hey Pete. You're here early." Steve replied.

"Had the day off, thought I'd come here. What are you guys up to?"

"We go down to the track for a run every morning." Sam explained.

"Oh cool! You think I could tag along? Mr. Stark probably won't be awake til noon."

"Sure."

~TIME YEET~

Steve, Sam, and Pete started running. Peter held back like he does in gym and stayed by Sam. Steve shot ahead, and within seconds he was about to pass them.

"Here he goes again." Sam sighed.

"Wha-" Peter started but Cap cut him off with an "on your left."

"He does this every time. Every time he passes me, he says 'on your left'." Sam explained to the confused spider.

"Oh." Pete said. Then a weird look came over his face, and he smirked. Pretty evilly.

"What are you up to spider?"

Pete looked around. Steve was on the opposite side of the track. Peter shot ahead of Sam at an inhuman speed. By the time Steve passed Sam again, Pete had caught up.

Steve passed Sam, "On your left."

"oN yOuR lEfT cApTaIn."

Steve looked at the teen jogging backwards in front of him, very surprised. "Where'd you come from?" Sam was holding in laughter.

"Your left Mr. Rodgers."

Sam broke. He basically collapsed onto the floor, wheezing. He was laughing so hard he was crying and clutching his sides. Steve and Pete stopped.

"You okay Sam?" Steve looked down with worry.

Sam was laughing uncontrollably, "He-he said-on-on your l-left!"

Steve smiles a bit then turned to Peter. "Yeah how'd you do that?"

Pete shrugged, "Well the spider bite gave me increased stamina and strength. I guess I've just never ran anywhere, I always swing."

"How fast can you run?"

"5 laps is a mile, let's find out."
Pete got ready to run and Steve got ready to time with his watch. On his mark, Peter was off. He ran a mile in about 2 and a half minutes. He rounded the bend for the fifth time and stopped in front of Steve.

"Yeesh Pete. You broke my record."

Peter laughed, "Don't beat yourself up. You're pretty spry for an older fellow."

~TIME YEET~

Sam, Steve and Pete walked back into the common room. Natasha was at the counter eating a bagel and Tony was pouring himself coffee. They both looked surprised at Peter's presence.

"Hey kid. Why are you here so early?"

"Hey Mr. Stark! I had the day off so I came here. You weren't awake so I went on a run with Mr. Wilson and Mr. Rodgers."

Nat smirked, "You didn't go to fast Rodgers, did you?"

Steve laughed, "Actually Pete left us both in the dust."

"Really? I knew you held back in gym kid but I didn't know you could outrun Rodgers." said Tony.

"Spidey here broke Steve's mile record." Sam interjected.

"By how much?"

Steve looked down, "About 6 seconds."

Everybody laughed. Pete blushed a bit and Sam patted Steve's shoulder.

"Still the fastest senior I know Rodgers." said Tony.