Tea Leaves

Chapter 29

Second Class Female Attendant Wei
Lady Wei Li Lian
The Dragon Palace

What he was asking was not anything new. It was what had kept her up at night. Her blood seemingly worked in healing him. Then her scar never came. She healed well like it was any bruise she received than a deep wound that tore the thick layer of her skin. These many things had her questioning whether what Noble Consort Qi said was actually true.

"I used many ointments. Did you expect me to sit around and be that woman with the scar in the harem?"

"I have not heard of such ointment that can prevent a scar."

"It's just an ointment, it doesn't matter." Shen Hong was smart. What could she do to distract him from this matter? "Is Yu'er interested in lady products? Because if that is the case, I will set up a lesson."

"Li Lian as my teacher? That would be wonderful because I would be a naughty student."

Good bait. Yuwen Hong cannot resist dirty talk given the small opportunity. Though this was a temporary fix, the fact that he noticed was not good. Behind her back, he could investigate this.

"I accept this but Student Yu'er," she simpered, "get off me now or you will crush me."

He shook his head.

"Why? What have I done now?"

"Say something nice about me and I will get off you."

She laughed, "Are you still offended about earlier?"

"You give, I take. You take, I give. Otherwise, I am having unrequited feelings."

"Hmm..."

"Hmm, what? Am I so much of a monster there is nothing you like?"

She sniggered. Why were people not as funny to her as him?

"Eh..." He lightly hit her forehead. "I'm trying to be serious, here."

"Yes, Your Majesty," she stopped laughing with much effort.

"Tell me."

He stared at her, hopeful. She realised how vulnerable he was, he did not deserve how she had entreated him lately. Yu'er liked her earnestly. How she had been blind to see this, was beyond her. Her thumb traced from his chin up his face to below his eyelids. "Your eyes. They are quite mysterious; they intrigue me. I like them."

He blushed. The edges of his eyes crinkled, his face a show of a giddy young boy.

He put his hand above hers so she wouldn't stop touching him. "I actually like your lips..." he said back, "... you have the most alluring smile and your laugh is a symphony."

Li Lian was sure she was the colour of a ripe tomato. Her heart was doing a happy dance. This made her shy, thrusting him off her. "Can we go to sleep?"

He rose behind her. "Yes, I'm tired. I will call someone to escort you."

"No need, I want to sleep here."

"Li Lian, please." His soft side slipped, replaced by his domineering self. "It's late to argue with you continuously. Enough with this." Yuwen Hong touched his temple in exhaustion.

"I didn't say that when you overtook my bed in Yi Yuan." She folded his map that lay on his bed, placed it in his hands and lept onto the huge bed.

"So childish." He frowned upon her jumping.

She giggled and stood up to carry on bouncing. She lashed her tongue at him, childishly. "I'm so excited because it's my first time sleeping with you."