Chapter 110

The next morning, there was a rush of excitement in the Potter household as they all gathered around to help Sirius pack. Fleamont had to go to work, but Euphemia had taken a day off to help him move.

      The packing was easy, but the hard part was unpacking them in Sirius's new house, because they were still trying to decide where everything had to go to look better.

       Mrs. Potter had already put up all the necessary protective charms around the house and so they all got to work.

      It wasn't night yet that James finally decided that he was tired, so he Disapparated from the flat to go home to rest after an exhausting long day.

      Jenna was in Sirius's bedroom, taking his clothes out of his trunk to fold them, while Mrs. Potter was helping him decorate the living room with the things that her and Mr. Potter had bought Sirius as a gift for his new flat.

       Jenna still hadn't mastered the spell to fold clothes, and so she did it by hand and placed them in his closet neatly.

       "How're you holding up, Jenny?" She turned around when she heard Sirius's voice, walking inside the room.

      "Alright." Jenna shrugged, moving back to his trunk. "I'm almost done with the clothes. But it seems like you've got other stuff in here too." With that, she took out an odd looking mirror out of it, observing it.

       "That's a two-way mirror," Sirius explained with a grin. "James has the other one. If I call out his name into it, the mirror will show him."

        "Why would you have this?" Jenna chuckled, placing the mirror gently back in the trunk.

        "For when we were in separate detentions."

       "Aww, how cute of you two," Jenna mocked him in a lofty voice, making him roll his eyes at her playfully. "And what's this one?" she asked, taking a necklace out of the trunk.

      "Woah, careful with that!" Sirius said feverishly, springing forward and taking the necklace away from her grasp.

       "Okay..." Jenna looked curiously at him with raised brows.

       "Sorry," Sirius sighed apologetically, "it's just that an old friend had given it to me. It's kind of a big deal to me."

       Jenna nodded at him with a scant smile, deciding to let the matter go and going back to organizing his room.

It was around six o'clock when they had all gathered in the kitchen, placing the cups and plates in the cupboards carefully with their wands.

But just then their attention was caught when the fireplace in the living room gave a small uproar, and seconds later Mr. Potter's head appeared among the green flames.

       "Mia, we need you at the Ministry," he said briskly. "It's urgent."

       Mrs. Potter nodded quickly before turning to face Sirius and Jenna as soon as Mr. Potter's head disappeared once again.

       "Can you kids take it from here? I have to go," she said with an apologetic look at them.

       "Of course." Sirius nodded at her reassuringly. "Thank you for everything."

       "Anytime," Mrs. Potter smiled warmly at him before reaching out for the Floo Power in a bowl nearby. "Jenna, darling, do you mind buckling up here on the couch tonight? I don't think it's safe to travel alone at night, even with Apparation. These aren't good times."