Chapter 58: GEORGE

*smirk

I have been thinking about Laura all day. I have no idea how she is coping up with her condition. Lynn proved to be so selfless, so kind that I could not help but beam a little with pride when she explained me what she wants to do.

Her words came hurried as though someone might stop her. I guess she just wanted to pour her heart out. She made me promise that I will try to make her suggestion approvable. How am I going to do it? No idea.

"I'll try," I had told her.

I knocked on Laura's hospital door. This is the time I usually visit her. Either in the evening or night. It is peaceful then. The whole day's worries disappear when I see her.

"Come in," she said from inside. My heart racing as I heard her voice.

"Hey," I said walking in and giving her a hug. Just a sisterly hug. Nothing more... Right?

"Hi," she said smiling.

"How are you?" I asked sitting beside her.

"Better," she said nodding her head.

I ask her this question everyday and I get the same answer. But I know better. She looks far from better. My heart aches seeing her in this way. Her sleepless nights and stressful days gave her everlasting dark circles around her eyes. Her short hair is now a little below her chin. Her small mouth has become a thin barely visible line. I can't stand this.

"What happened?" she asked questioning my worried expression.

"Nothing," I lied.

"Please? I want the truth." She said.

The truth?

I like you. A lot. More than anyone in a long time. I thought I didn't but I can't deny it. And to be honest it kinda scares me. I don't want to screw up what we have. Whatever it is, and I've fallen pretty damn hard for you. I just hope whatever happens it don't ruin what we had before.

The truth?

I love you.

These were all the things I wanted to say but I couldn't. I don't know why. I don't know if she feels the same. I don't know what her response will be. I am scared that she would feel awkward after this. I am scared. Scared of rejection.

But what if she doesn't say anything? My subconscious asked. What if she doesn't give any response at all?

Well, No response is an answer and a powerful one. And honestly I would much rather be rejected than to be said nothing. Silence hurt more than truth.

"I am just tired, I promise." I said smiling but guilt ate me from inside because I lied to her.

"Oh, okay." she said and in that moment we both were drowned by the waves of words we weren't saying.

(DON'T KILL ME)

Lol okay so why i added George's POV is so i can explain his side without making it too difficult for me. (And to peace you all out XD)

This is going to be the only chapter in the book with a POV other than Laura or Lynn :)

Vote, Follow, Add and COMMENT! :)