chapter fifty-one

HER FEET DRAGGED ACROSS THE FLOOR AS SHE MADE HER WAY BACK INSIDE. Although she had eaten, she still felt weak and sluggish, probably because she hasn't slept good in days. Opening the door, she almost sighed in relief once she saw the bed in the middle of Negan's room.

Allison laid down on it and almost instantly fell asleep once her head hit the pillow, but she was awoken by the door opening, revealing Negan with a large smile on his face. "So..."

"What?" Allison snapped, sitting up from her spot.

"How you feelin'?" Negan walked over to the bed and stopped right at her feet, sitting down with a long sigh.

Allison shrugged, not looking straight at him. "I'm fine, I guess."

Negan nodded slowly. Why was he being like this? Why couldn't he talk to her like a normal person? Why was he so nervous? He looked to her again seeing her push her hair back out from her face which made him see all the scars on her skin. Subconsciously, he reached up and traced his fingers along a scar on her right cheek that reached all the way up to her eye.

Allison gasped lightly and pulled back, not expecting him to do that. Negan didn't seem to notice as he kept tracing his fingertips along her face. After a moment, she just leaned against him, missing the feeling of his touch. She met his eyes and saw he was already looking at her.

At this moment, Allison forgot all the horrible things he had done and remembered all the good times the two had. Negan missed her. Maybe a little too much. He had finally found her and wasn't gonna give her up any time soon.

This was a moment between two lovers.

Once she realized what was actually happening, she grabbed his hand and brought it back down. Allison got up from her spot on the bed and walked over to the mini fridge he had in his room and grabbed out a water bottle, taking a small sip before she set it down, looking back at Negan who was still sitting on the bed.

"You can't do that." Allison told him, scoffing.

"Do what?"

"What you just did, Negan."

Negan sighed dramatically and then leaned up against the wall across from her, smirking slightly. "There's a little gathering thing going on downstairs. Why don't you come with me?"

Allison shook her head to herself, not liking how he just changed the subject. She pressed her lips together in a straight line as she looked back at him. "I don't have a choice, do I?"

Negan let out a chuckle, moving towards her. "Nope." He proceeded to walk out, but he snapped his fingers as if he remembered something. "Wear something else would you? Something a little more... not worn."

Allison gave him a sarcastic smile before he walked out, making her rub her temples in annoyance. She had been wearing the same shirt and jeans for three days and she had to admit, she was starting to smell.

The woman got in and out from the shower in about ten minutes and walked out with just a towel on. She made her way to the closet and couldn't find anything but Negan's many leather jackets and t-shirts.

The door opened and she gasped, bumping into the door of the closet from behind her. Looking to the person, she saw Dwight's wife, Sherry, holding a nice dress in her hand.

"Sorry. Negan told me to give this to you..." Sherry cleared her throat and Allison walked over to her, grabbing the dress from her hands with a small smile.

"Thank you."

Sherry gave her a small smile and she was about to walk out, but Allison stopped her once she called out her name. Sherry turned around with raised eyebrows. "We're gonna get out from here."

The woman sighed and then looked to the ground. "I hope so." With that, the brunette walked out, leaving Allison alone in the room.

-

Allison walked into the room with caution, not knowing who or what was gonna come towards her. The first thing she saw in the room was the men chatting among themselves as the woman in the room just looked uncomfortable.

The dress Sherry had given her was a dark blue one with short sleeves, it dipping down a little to show some cleavage. She wore some flats that she had just found lying around.

"Ally!" Negan exclaimed once he set his eyes on her. She looked even more beautiful than ever. Her hair was in its natural waves and her she looked a little more healthy than she did just hours ago. He slung his arm around her and placed a kiss to her cheek, Allison awkwardly smiling to not get him mad.

Allison looked around the room once again and her eyes widened once she saw a familiar face. "Carl?" As she proceeded to walk over to him, however, Negan gripped her arm and shook his head.

"Nuh-uh." He taunted, moving his lips closer to her ear. Allison groaned and moved away from him slightly, breathing heavily. "Don't try that again." Negan growled, her nodding her head as Carl looked at the two with fear.

Suddenly, Daryl walked in with Dwight and a plate of snacks and her eyes started to water, not expecting to see him. He looked a little better than when she had seen him a couple of days ago and he looked cleaner, making her a little happy that he was being somewhat taken care of.

Negan hummed and walked into her line of sight, blocking her from seeing Daryl. He smiled teasingly as a tear fell down her cheek. Reaching up, he wiped it away and from the corner of her eye, she could see Daryl looking at the two.

He moved his hand down to cup her cheek and she gasped at the sudden movement. Negan leaned in and she backed away, making him frustrated. Turning around, he made eye contact with Dwight, who was near Daryl. "Dwight, why don't you take Da-" Before he could finish, Allison grabbed his face and placed her lips on his, the man having a moment of shock before he kissed back, pulling her closer by placing his hand on her waist.

As Allison moved her lips against his, she couldn't feel anything. Like nothing was there. All she wished was to kiss Daryl instead of Negan at this moment. She pulled away and he looked to Daryl, laughing teasingly. He looked back to her and she gave him a small, pretend smile. He bit his lip and groaned, tilting his head at her.

He turned around and that's when her smile dropped, Carl taking notice of what she was doing.

"Carl, take that tray for me." Negan ordered and Carl obeyed, taking it out from Daryl's hands.

Daryl looked back to Negan and shook his head. "Why you got him here?"

"Whoa. So he speaks!" Negan laughed and then started to walk towards him. "What we talk about when you're not here is none of your business." He grabbed a toothpick off from the tray, he held it up to Daryl's eye sight. "Don't make me stick this toothpick in his other eye." He then motioned for Dwight to take him away.

Daryl gave her one last look before he was taken away. Negan walked up to Allison and gripped her waist, leading her away from everyone.