𝟏.𝟏. 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐇

𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓/𝟏.𝟏.
☆ RETURN TO EARTH ☆
"𝓦𝓮'𝓻𝓮 𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴, 𝓫𝓲𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓮𝓼!"

☆꧁*꧂☆

   ALLAIA KANE WAS sitting in a cell which she was forced to call home her entire life, being bored out of her mind as usual. She has never really been outside her little prison except when her health condition required a medical care. Two years ago, Abby managed to convince the Chancellor to let Allaia start medical practice since she had enough general knowledge about the anatomy and functioning of the human body to start training as a doctor. Abby wanted to make Allaia seem extremely valuable to the Ark to be pardoned on her eighteenth birthday. And with the girl's brilliant mind which easily assimilated new information in virtually every scientific field, it wasn't that difficult. Allaia has always been interested in medical science and was very grateful when Abby managed to begin her practice.

   Her cell was small; there was only a not exactly comfortable bed and a secluded area resembling a bathroom. Thanks to Abby, Allaia owned lots of books, crayons and MP3 with some music. It helped her survive the hell she had to live in ever since she was born and her mother was floated for having her.

   The only thing Allaia genuinely liked about her home was the tiny window with the enchanting view at the space and stars. She could stare at it for hours, immersed in the dimension of her vivid imagination, a whole alternative universe where she wasn't a prisoner, locked until her death for existing. To Allaia, a star was in a way a metaphor of her life combined with a tincture of hope. An eerie dusk of her past and a meager light of her future breaking through the eternal gloom. 

Stars cannot shine without darkness, right? 

   Suddenly the door opened and a dark-haired man stepped into the room. For a moment, he froze like a rigid statue, his heart beating in a rapid rhythm, as he was staring at the terrified girl. He was overwhelmed by the beauty she certainly inherited from her mother. He had no idea what to say, it was the first time he saw his daughter since the day she was born. Allaia stood up abruptly and rushed to the nearest the wall, petrified of the man's unknown intentions. Her breathing was extremely uneven, heavier and heavier by every second, setting her senses ablaze like a gasoline. Allaia felt herself falling over the edge of a panic attack, but she attempted to allay her anxiety caused by her horrible experience with guards. 

"Prisoner 177, stay against the wall." Kane barely managed to utter those words, trying to disguise the pain overpowering his entire body as he was looking at his frightened daughter. 

   He needed to see her before the launch. Marcus begged Jaha to let him see Allaia. Thelonious agreed under one condition. Kane had to fake his true identity and pretend to be a guard. For some strange reason, the Chancellor refused to let the two reunite as a family, coming up with such a ridiculous collusion, even though it could be the first and the last time at once they would ever see each other. Marcus suspected why Thelonious was so unyielding on the matter, but decided not to interfere and demand any explanations, beyond happy that he was finally able to see his little girl. 

"What— What's going on? You can't float me. I'm not eighteen yet!" Allaia stuttered and tried to resist the man despite her fear.

"You're not getting floated." Marcus assured, slowly approaching her. He tried to calm her down a little by putting his hand on her shoulder, but she flinched and shuddered. "Hey, it's okay, Allaia. Just come with me."