Chapter 36

Chapter 36: Gungun, Panda and Emperor

Yan Hua goes back her room with a muddled facial expression, and it takes her a long time to react that she was scolded by Lang Ruoxian again.

"I deserve it!" She holds her son and whispers, "He still has the strength to call names. It seems that he will not die."

The incident of Lang Ruoxian being hit by a car is soon reported by the local news media. The company's official micro blog specifically clarifies that he is only slightly injured. The police also announce that the car accident is a calculated crime and the perpetrator has been rescued. He will take a statement when he is sober.

"How can it be?" Lang Yi crashes the phone to the table. "How didn't the driver die?"

The person he hired to kill Lang Ruoxian this time is a taxi driver, with advanced liver cancer. Lang Yi promised to give the driver's family a sum of money to let him make a car accident and perish with Lang Ruoxian together.

"Where did you find such an idiot?" Li Jun points at the newspaper. "Lang Ruoxian was hit by him before getting on his own car. How can he and Lang Ruoxian perish together?"

It was originally agreed that the driver would follow the car of Lang Ruoxian, looking for an opportunity to bump at high speed, which must result in a car crash.

"Fuck, he is not dead!" Lang Ruoxian did not die, which scared Lang Yi. But by contrast, Lang Yi is even more terrified that the driver did not die, either. "If he wakes up, he will definitely tell the police that I am behind the murder."

Li Jun ponders for a moment and says, "Go to find his family, let them tell the driver at once. Let the driver be a scapegoat. Money does not matter. Anyway, the accident is not serious. Even if he is put in prison, it will not last long."

"Yes, you are right!" Lang Yi nods. "He is going to die anyway, and it is messed up by himself this time."

Lang Yi misestimated the driver's family's reaction. When they find out that the driver hit Lang Ruoxian by the car in order to leave some money to them, they immediately quit the negotiation and go to the police.

The middleman passes the message back, which affects Lang Yi who is driving a car, almost causing a rear-end collision. He thinks it over and over but has no idea how to deal with it. His nervousness is quickly discovered by Lang Hongyue.

"What happened to you these days?" Lang Hongyue calls him to the study and asks him, "Have you made some trouble?"

Lang Yi refuses to answer at first. Seeing his reaction, Lang Hongyue becomes more and more suspicious of what trouble he has made. She repeatedly questions him and Lang Yi finally tells her the truth.

"What?" Lang Hongyue stands up suddenly, shaking. "Say it again."

She thinks she has misheard.

"Mom... I didn't expect the driver to be so stupid, now..."

Here is the sound of slap! He is slapped in the face. Lang Hongyue trembles her lips to say, "You... You..."

"Mom, what is the use of beating me?" Lang Yi shouts regardless of his mother's feeling. "Hurry up and help me out of this matter. If I am found to be behind the murder, what will happen to me? Will I go to jail?"

Lang Hongyue gives him another slap in the face and shouts, "Just put you in jail? If only it could be solved by putting you in prison, that would be great! If your eldest uncle knows that you hired someone to murder Lang Ruoxian, do you think he will let you go? And your grandpa, he hates fratricide most, you..."