(05)

IT WAS FRIDAY night and Aria was seated on the armchair, a book in her hands as she relaxed herself in her luxurious room

IT WAS FRIDAY night and Aria was seated on the armchair, a book in her hands as she relaxed herself in her luxurious room. The calm atmosphere was broken when she heard heels clicking from outside her room. Her eyes soon moved to her door when the doors banged open, revealing a distraught Isabelle.

Isabelle spotted her and immediately ran to her. She fell on her knees as she cried on her lap, her eyes spilling rivers. Aria rubbed circles on her back and wrapped her arms around the girl. They stayed there in silence for a few minutes before Aria spoke.

"You know we're always here for you, right?" Aria tenderly spoke as she ran her hand through Isabelle's hair.

"I know," she sobbed and looked up at Aria, "They're finally divorcing. I – I knew it was gonna come soon but I'm still crying about it." Isabelle cried out as Aria wiped her tears with her small, soft hands.

"It's not bad to cry. In fact, I think it makes a person stronger. Don't blame yourself." Aria caressed her hair slowly, mumbling softly into her ears.

"You're seriously the mother of the group, you know?" Isabelle sniffed but soon let out a laugh.

"Sometimes I am," she softly chuckled as she ruffled Isabelle's hair.

"So a sleepover tonight?" Aria asked with a small smile and saw the girl eagerly nod her head with a small grin.

"I'm gonna call Ellis over." Aria chuckled as she grabbed her phone and called her other best friend over.

"Thank heavens that my mascara is waterproof!" Isabelle chuckled, wiping her face as she looked at her reflection in the mirror on Aria's silver dressing table.

"She's coming over." Aria sighed, rubbing her ears as Ellis had loudly screamed through the call.

"Hope she doesn't run over someone while driving here," Isabelle muttered under her breath and Aria let out a laugh, "You know she's fucking crazy."

The two laughed at their crazy best friend while they waited for her to come over. Aria had let her butler know that Ellis was gonna come over so the manor gates will be open for the she-devil dressed in red.

"Hmm, she's here quick." Aria was in her balcony as her eyes darted to the red Lamborghini parked right outside her mansion. Her eyes twinkled as she saw Ellis, dressed in red, get out of the car and walk towards the main doors.

In a matter of seconds, Ellis had entered the silver-themed room with bags in her hands, "The last musketeer is here!" She screamed as she hugged her two friends and kissed their cheeks.

"We are gonna drink away our fucking sorrows!" Ellis screamed with joy as she lifted the bags which were filled with wine bottles.

After freshening themselves up, they were all wrapped up in their robes while they were seated on the soft, leaning their heads on the bed as they talked.

"Remember when I twisted Carson Walker's arm cause he was sprouting shit about us," Ellis started off as the two girls grinned, "And then Aria spotted me twisting his arm and I told her about him," she paused as she laughed out and then took a deep breath before continuing, "And then she twisted his other arm alongside me!" Ellis laughed, slapping the floor.

"You two were such devils in seventh grade!" Isabelle giggled, sipping on the champagne bottle.

"Issy, you recorded us twisting his arm and posted the video which went viral!" Aria chuckled as she shook her head with a grin.

"She's the biggest devil amongst us!" Ellis chortled, gulping down a bottle of wine.

"Such a pity that Carson was actually good looking," Isabelle sighed but soon slyly grinned at Aria.

"I swear he had a big fucking crush on Aria!" Ellis snorted, looking at Aria with wide eyes.

"Bitch! Every boy in the school had a crush on her," Isabelle giggled, nudging Aria.

"You two are fucking drama queens," Aria chuckled, rolling her eyes.

"Please," Isabelle sassed out, "You were literally worshipped by every boy!" She grinned, patting Aria's back.

"Talk about Ellis breaking hearts every fucking day," Aria snorted as Ellis shot her a proud grin.

"Issy don't act like you weren't popular. Your lockers were filled with love letters!" Aria scoffed, nudging Isabelle.

"And Ellis fucking burnt them in the school garden!" Isabelle grinned as the trio laughed, warmth filling their souls.

"Ah, good old days." Ellis beamed, wiping a tear which ran down her cheek from all the loud laughter.

Midnight struck. The three girls were sprawled out on Aria's king-sized bed, all heavily drunk.

"I'm curious." Isabelle muttered and Aria turned slightly to meet her eyes, Ellis following her.

"About what?" Aria whispered, raising her eyebrow.

"You and Kade have known each other since birth. You two have known each other longer than any of us." Isabelle glanced at Aria who's eyes were squinted while Ellis was grinning, the girl could never stop grinning.

"What about it?" Aria snorted, rolling her eyes at the mention of his name.

"Yet you two always fucking fight and annoy the fuck out of each other. Aren't you two supposed to be like, I don't know, friends and bond?" Isabelle scoffed, flicking Aria's forehead.

"That hurts!" Aria hissed, soothing her forehead as she glared at her grinning friends.

"I know right!" Ellis rolled her eyes, "Even their brothers are like fucking best friends!" Ellis snorted, her mouth curving into a smile.

Ellis was right. Aria's younger brother and Kade's younger brother were both best friends who were currently in junior high.The two even have weekly sleepovers. Even their families were best friends but Kade and Aria always seem to bicker.

"Don't attack me! It's not my fault," Aria hissed at her two friends.

"Hmm, but you two understand each the most. Right?" Ellis grinned, nudging Aria who scrunched her face.

"Why the fuck are we even talking about that asshole?" Aria's lips twisted into a frown.

"Cause you two are a match made in heaven!" Isabelle giggled, making smoochy faces at Aria who put her hand on her face.

"A match made in hell sounds more like it." Aria gave Isabelle a dirty look who didn't stop making smoochy faces but was instead joined by Ellis.

"You two continue doing that. I'm sleeping." Aria sighed and pulled the blanket over their bodies.

"Goodnight Aria!" The two of them chorused, kissing each side of her cheek and letting slumber taking over them as they cuddled each other.