Chapter 108

Chapter 108 - Hadn't she always been Little Wang's mother? (2)

The next day, after Ruan Xia and Song Tingshen had talked it over, they decided to continue requesting a leave of absence for Little Wang. After all, based on the WeChat parents' group, more children had gotten sick in his class. Little Wang was still young. His resistance and his immunity weren't as good as an adult's, and it would be troublesome if he got sick.

Ruan Xia decided to continue taking Little Wang to her lessons. Little Wang would be able to learn a lot just from being there and listening to her practice speaking English with the foreigner teacher. Little Wang was also a fast learner.

She knew ahead of time that it would definitely be hard to bring a little kid along. Although Little Wang was very obedient and sensible, after a day of bringing him along for her spoken English lesson and her baking class, Ruan Xia felt today was more arduous than staying late to work overtime at her previous office job.

Song Tingshen was aware of this, but right now, the company was beginning new projects. He really couldn't take any time off. And, all of the other companies were like this too. It was approaching National Day Golden Week, so everyone was as busy as dogs. It was normal for most people to work overtime.

(T/N: National Day Golden Week begins around October 1st and lasts 7-8 days depending on the lunar calendar.)

Ruan Xia realized how naive she had been when she decided that she would be a good aunt to Little Wang when she first transmigrated here. Unless she could remain aloof like the original owner, who wasn't the least bit concerned about Little Wang, as time went on, she would inevitably slowly take over the role of mother. An aunt and a mother were completely different.

To be a good aunt, she only had to occasionally take him out to play and wouldn't have to be responsible for his daily life. But now, seeing how Little Wang loved to cling to her, she couldn't ruthlessly ignore him or dump him into the care of the housekeeper aunty...

---

After a few days, Ruan Xia realized that the nursery school was a sparkling wonderful place that saved adults!

On weekdays, Little Wang would go there in the morning and return in the afternoon. She would only have to play with him for a few hours and eat dinner together!

Now that the National Day was approaching, she had another discussion with Song Tingshen. They would wait until after the seven-day holiday was over to send Little Wang back to nursery school. Counting the days on her fingers, there was another ten to fifteen days left of being a full-time mom. Ruan Xia had an expression that looked as if she was ready to die.

Sure enough, moms were superhumans.

---

Ruan Xia decided to take today off by tossing this kid to Father Ruan and Mother Ruan for the day. She would drop Little Wang off early in the morning and spend the rest of the day replenishing her energy reserves. Otherwise, she didn't know if she would be able to last until Little Wang returned to nursery school. She needed to give herself some room to breath.

By chance, Father Ruan and Mother Ruan had called her recently and said they missed their grandson. This husband and wife were definitely qualified in taking care of their grandson. Ruan Xia had no worries about handing the kid off to them.

Even if Little Wang was only going to stay at the Ruan's home for the day, there was still a lot of stuff she had to bring.

Little Wang was carrying his little backpack and wearing his cool sunglasses as Ruan Xia led him to the garage.

After getting into the car, Little Wang finally asked, "Is it only going to be me at grandpa and grandma's?"

Ruan Xia nodded. "Let's take the day off from each other today. Let mom and Little Wang have a day to take it easy. What do you think?"

Little Wang thought it over. "Can I eat ice cream and fried chicken wings?"

"If grandpa makes it for you, you can eat it. Our family still allows indulgence days. Anyways, your dad and I won't be there to see what you're up to. Grandpa and grandma will grant whatever you ask for. So, when you go to your grandparents' home alone, you can have an indulgence day."

Ruan Xia knew that children wouldn't be happy if their parents were too strict and wouldn't allow this and that. You had to occasionally let them off the leash and give them some freedom.

Little Wang cheered, "Yay!" He even urged Ruan Xia to drive faster. "Mom, don't dawdle. Hurry up, I want to see grandpa and grandma."

Ruan Xia: "..."