Chapter 11

GREY'S POV

"What do you mean you don't know where she is?"

I had arrived at my mate's home after the trial, yearning for her touch. Though Mason was temporarily at bay, we both were ready to take our mate home, where she belongs. Finding out now that she was nowhere to be found threatened to tip my balance. Benjamin hands me a letter. I feel my fury mount as I read the words inscribed on the note. She would dare run away from her mate? Though I knew she wasn't accustomed to our ways, I could not help being enraged by her defiance.

"Turn this pack upside down. I expect her here within the hour. Get me Alpha Cole, I want this matter dealt with promptly. I demand, seething.

"Please understand. She is just a child terrified by the thought of leaving her home with a stranger she only came to know is her mate only mere hours ago." Ben speaks, the sound of him only serving to anger me further.

"You asked for a year to prepare her and you failed. Against my better judgement, I allowed you an extra night to say your proper goodbyes and this is the thanks I get in return. Your incompetence is overwhelming Benjamin. If I find out you had a hand in this, hell will break loose. Do pray she is without so much as a scratch on her otherwise this will be the last you see of her."

"Watch your tone Greyson. This is still my home." He all but growls, his frustration getting the best of him.

"Benji Benji Benji, you are quick to forget that I am your superior. You may be older than me but I still outrank you. I would be wise to choose my words carefully if I were you. I would hate to paint these walls with your blood."

"Gentlemen Please. There will be no need for bloodshed. She will turn up. She doesn't have the means to get that far without any help. Besides, her car is still in the driveway, she can't have gone far. Ben maybe go look for her at her friend's house. She might be hiding out there." My mate's mother speaks, attempting to defuse the situation.

"I will go with you. Jasper, stay here in case she turns up. I will take Aiden with me." I instruct.

So began the search for my runaway mate. Just my luck that I would be mated to a human.

XANDER'S POV

My mind was still reeling after what I just seen at the trial. Though checking in on Blythe had made me feel slightly better, I couldn't help the worry I felt creeping in. Conspiring to harm an Alpha whether intentional or not was considered treason among our kind. It is a crime punishable by death. I was in over my head, that was for sure.

My anxiety began to spike at the endless possibilities of how I would die if Alpha Greyson ever came to find out that I had conspired to take his mate from him, that and the fact that I had kissed her despite knowing she had a mate. Crazy stupid love. Its just like me to only now let show the feelings that have been festering in me for years now, when are lives are hanging on the balance. A knock on the door interrupts my volatile thoughts.

"Sam. What are you doing here?" I blurt out.

"Hello to you too asshole. Are you going to invite me in?"

"When have you ever needed to be invited in? You are like an annoying mosquito that I can't seem to get rid of. What are you doing here anyway? Isn't it a bit early?" I tease.

"Touché. I saw you at the trial and I thought I'd follow you home. You seemed pretty spooked." She explains.

"That doesn't sound creepy at all. I should have known you'd disobey direct orders."

"You know me too well. That's not the only reason I'm here though. I'm worried about Bly. Have you seen or spoken to her lately? She kind of went AWOL on me after the ball. I didn't see her at the trial either."

"That probably has to do with the fact that you weren't supposed to be there either."

"I was curious." She deadpans.

"What is it they say about curiosity and the cat?" I tease almost scolding. The last thing I wanted was knowing she'd lose sleep because of what we'd seen.

"Yeah yeah, whatever mother. That was pretty gruesome though wasn't it? I know the pervert deserved it but still, burning to death is a pretty fucked up way to go. I now see why everyone trembles at the mention of the great Alpha Grey, leader of the Lycan Blood pack and slayer of Rogues."

"His actions though a bit extreme were justified given that Michael tried to rape his mate."

"His mate? You are telling me someone from our pack is mated to the king of Alphas? Damn that's got to be terrifying. I mean he is hot as hell but also scary as fuck. He didn't even flinch when he killed the Russian Alpha. That was definitely the scariest thing I've ever witnessed though oddly captivating."

"I worry about you sometimes Sam. I really do." I say in mock concern.

"So, do you know who the girl is? Is it someone we know?" She props herself on my bed, looking at me expectedly.

"It's Blythe."

"What? Our Blythe? How is that even possible?" I shrug.

"How do you know all this?" She eyes me suspiciously.

"I was the one who found her drugged up the night of the ball. As for the mate part, she told me yesterday." I explain, doing my best to not reveal that I knew more than I was willing to admit.

"Fuck, I'm a horrible friend. I didn't even bother to go check on her. I just assumed she left with her parents when I couldn't find her that night. Is that why her phone has been off? I should go see her." She moves from her position on the bed, looking out my bedroom window, overcome by her guilt.

I quickly think of a way to cover for her without drawing suspicion.

"I don't think that's best right now. She is in pretty bad shape with everything going on. She will call you when she can."

"You are probably right. But wont this mean that she has to leave the pack?"

"I have no idea." I lie.

Sam couldn't keep secrets. It was best we kept her in the dark for now. If Grey ever found out that I helped Blythe, I fear my death would be far worse than what I'd just witnessed.

"What did you do?" She eyes me.

"Nothing. Why do you always assume I did something?" I ask anxiously.

"Because you always act weird when you are hiding something from..."

"I'm not acting weird" I defend.

"That and Bly's father and mate just pulled up on your driveway with your parents right behind them."

My heart nearly stops beating the mention of Alpha Grey. How could they have found out this quickly or was it that they were only coming to enquire if I hadn't seen her. One thing was certain if I didn't keep my cool, I'd be nailing the final nail in my coffin.

"What? Shit. Hide." I panic.

"What? No. Why the heck would I do that?"

"Just stay here then, okay?" I instruct, though a part of me knew she would probably disobey me.

"You did something didn't you? I knew something was up." She points at me accusingly.

I ignore her as I brace myself for the storm that is about to hit.

***

Authors note:
To those of you wondering what happened. The chapters have been reconstructed. Though the plot has changed a bit here and there, the story line remains the same. I will start uploading chapters once every two days from this day forth...hopefully.
Lots of love