𝟏.𝟑. 𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑

𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓/ 𝟏.𝟑.
RIVER MONSTER ☆
"𝓦𝓱𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓱𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝔀𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽!"

☆꧁*꧂☆

"WHY SEND US down today, after ninety seven years? What changed?" Finn wondered.

"Who cares?" Octavia laughed. "I'm just glad they did. I woke up rotting in a cell, and now I'm spinning in a forest." She gripped a tree's trunk and twirled around it, staring at Finn flirtatiously.

"Well, I can't say I'm mad that they sent us here since I was locked up my entire life and I'll gladly have some fun, but from what I recall, humanity was supposed to come home a.k.a. Earth after exactly one hundred years because of the radioactivity level, so why now?" Allaia spoke.

Everyone glanced at her with pity and Finn clenched his jaw.

"Your entire life?" Jasper asked, horrified.

"Yep, I was born in a cell as a second child." She answered like it was no big deal. "I wasn't as lucky as you were, Tavy, They knew about me from the very beginning." Alle smiled sadly.

   Octavia put her arm around Allaia's shoulder reassuringly, realizing that she and her new friend had so much more in common than she originally thought.

"Maybe they found something on a satellite?" Monty changed the subject. "You know? Like an old weather satellite, or..."

"There wasn't a satellite." Clarke said. "The Ark is dying." The rest looked at her with pure shock on their faces. "With the current population, there's three months left of life support. Maybe four now that we're gone."

"So that was the secret they locked you up to keep?" Finn asked incredulously. "Why they kept you in solitary? Floated your old man?"

A flash of sadness came across Clarke's face, but she continued. "My father was the engineer who discovered the flaw. He thought the people had the right to know. The Council disagreed. My mother disagreed. They were afraid it would cause a panic. We were gonna go public anyway when Wells..."

"What? Turned in your dad?" Monty inquired.

"Anyway, the Guard showed up before we could." Clarke finished. "That's why today. That's why it was worth the risk." She answered Finn's questions and thoughts. "Even if we all die, at least they bought themselves some more time."

"They're gonna kill more people, aren't they?" Monty asked horrified, though Clarke didn't reply which made the answer rather obvious.

"Good. After what they did to me, I say float them all." Octavia said bluntly.

"You don't mean that." Allaia shook her head.

"We have to warn them." Finn stated.

"That's what my father said." Clarke smiled, looking Finn straight in the eyes.

  For a dozen minutes or so, they walked in absolute silence, trying in their own way to digest Clarke's words. No one realized that the safety and stability of the place they had called home their entire lives was in question. Yes, the Ark was never perfect, the restrictions introduced by the Council a hundred years ago and still prevailing today hurt thousands of people and their families, but thanks to it the human race managed to survive the terrible cataclysm of nuclear war. Allaia was horrified at the prospect of the Ark's death, which was very real and quite likely.