𝟏𝟔

a/n: charlotte's outfit is the same as the last chapter

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ━═☆

"Where are you taking me?" Charlotte asked softly, watching the trees pass by as Stefan drove them to someplace that she had yet to know of.

"You said you wanted to talk, so we will talk," He answered, finally parking the vintage red car. Charlotte stepped out of the car, finally recognizing her location. It felt as though the century and a half didn't pass and it was just yesterday when she was running out of there with tears filling her eyes.

The brunette looked ahead of her to a tree where her's and Stefan's initials were carved years and years ago, it was a huge tree that was for sure, which would explain why only that one had the initials after all of that time. Charlotte's hand traced the letters, closing her eyes to catch a deep breath.

"I thought you wouldn't remember this place," She said after a few moments, breaking the ice.

Stefan shook his head, "I couldn't have forgotten. There is a lot of memories here with you⁠—"

"⁠—With me and Katherine?" Charlotte popped her head to the side, asking before she settled on a huge rock, placing her hands on her knees, "Yeah, so I have heard."

"You know that I took her here?"

"It's dumb but yes I do," She shrugged her shoulders, "I was trying to talk you out of whatever phase you were in when you left me and to boost up my confidence...I stopped by here and saw you two together."

"Charlotte, I know what you are feeling towards me right is just distaste and disgust but⁠—"

"And disappointment, you cheated on me. I have every right to be disappointed and disgusted," The Bernard cut him off, shaking her head, "Before all of that, you were my best friend and I could have seen pain coming at me from anyone but you."

"I didn't cheat on you," He replied as she scoffed, crossing her arms, "Katherine compelled me to be with her, to leave you. She was playing me and Damon all at once."

The brunette made no move to say she believes him or that he was bluffing, she just waited to see him continuing whatever it is he had to say, "Charlotte, do you honestly think that I would cheat on you? You were the love of my life."