chapter 2

"Define Ration?" the Animal husbandry teacher asked and the whole class went silent, I don't understand why the school decided to make Animal husbandry our trade subject but I love the subject sha.

His eyes roamed around the class.
Precious, Khafilat who insisted we all call her Kaffy and Bella raised their hand in ecstasy as they jumped up. They were the ITKs in our class and were popularly called ADS patients; though they despised the name but as per se na we JANU Icons give them the name, it had no other option than to stick.

"Awon I too know... Ughhhh," Bimpe groaned and I smiled. 

He pointed at Longwire; the tallest and skinniest boy in our class, he was our class captain whose name we'd almost forgotten so far Longwire had been attached to him. Longwire looked back as if there was someone at his back while Bimpe and I giggled.

"You in purple cardigan, I don't know what you're looking for at the back ooo," the teacher complained and Longwire stood up reluctantly.

"Emm...Ration is ...emm...it's food," Longwire stuttered and the whole class bursted into laughter.

"How did you get to Pink?" Our teacher asked with anger laced in his tone.

" Sir?"

"He's one of those students from Brown who was lucky to get into our class," Bella explained and the whole class glared at her. Longwire dashed a scowl at her, but she wore a nonchalant look.

"This Bella is something else," Bimpe complained in annoyance.

" And it's not as if she's brilliant ooo," I added.

"No wonder, you still need to get accustomed to Pink, ask from your mates how they do here, something I just taught you two days ago, I'll forgive you today but next time you'll hate yourself, sit down joor, olodo oshi."

Longwire sat down quickly but not without eyeing Bella who smiled foolishly at him.

"Now class what is Ration?"

" Ration is the type and amount of feed given to an animal per day," everyone chorused except Bimpe and I.

" Good, now aunty," he pointed at Nnena who turned back to us and Bimpe eyed her quickly.

"Me?" she asked before looking back at us again and we frowned at her.

"Nooo, me, stupid girl, how many types of Ration do we have?" he queried and Nnena sprawled to her feet.

"As it is, after the definition of Ration, the..."

" Aunty, stop rambling and go straight to the point," Mr. Nelson roared, and we all bursted into laughter before I leaned closer to her and muttered.

" Two..no..three sir,"  she replied before turning back to us, she smiled at me and I ignored her.

"Have your seat," he ordered, and she did. Nnena turned to thank me but Bimpe and I were already conversing.

"Balanced ration, Maintenance ration and Production ration," Precious, Kaffy and Bella shouted in joy, though they hadn't been asked but they were suffering from ADS (Attention Deficiency Syndrome), it was a name we created ourselves for those 'notice me' in class.

💢💢💢💢💢💢

"Didn't you hear the warning bell?"  the senior prefect girl asked Bimpe and I as we walked majestically to our class while other students were running to class. We'd just left our usual spot and the others had gone to their classes.

One of the rules in JANU was to run quickly to your class immediately you hear the warning bell, but we, JANU Icons didn't heed to it, not like we could be punished though.