chapter twenty five

After a long night of thinking and trying my best to come up with a logical reason to stay with Draco, I still couldn't make my mind up. It almost felt selfish of me to continue this relationship knowing it not only harmed myself but the people I care about too.

I avoided Draco for as long as possible however I knew I had to talk to him at some point, so after dinner I made my way to the boy's dorm and gently knocked on his door.

He opened the door up to reveal his bruised and beaten face and he smiled down at me. I managed to force a small smile back before entering.

"We need to talk, Draco." I mumbled, sitting myself down on the edge of his bed.

"What's up?" He responded, sitting himself down next to me and wrapping his arms around my waist only making me feel worse.

"I don't know if I can continue with this anymore." I said I a small voice, not looking up at him.

"What?" He replied, his voice breaking slightly. "You can't keep doing this to me, Amelia." He continued.

"You can't keep doing this to me." I snapped. "Harry told me what you said to him."

"It was only a joke- "Draco began rambling, but I stood to my feet and crossed my arms.

"I need some time to think." I mumbled before rushing out of the door.

Draco jumped between being kind and a complete prat. Maybe some time away will help him learn not to be such an idiot or there will be consequences.

Since it was only 6pm and we still had a few hours until curfew, I made my way to the library where I knew Harry, Ron and Hermione were all studying. I found them in a corner surrounding a table and I sat down next to Harry.

"How're you feeling, Amelia?" Hermione asked me. I wasn't surprised that she already knew what had happened as once you tell something to one of the golden trio it spreads around quickly.

"Fine." I responded, not wanting to come across as hurt.

"I don't know what you were thinking with Malfoy anyways, we did tell you." Ron grumbled from across the table.

"It's not really any of your business, Ron." I bit back as Hermione elbowed him to shut him up. The conversation of Draco didn't continue for much longer before they moved onto something else. I zoned out, fiddling with my promise ring on my right hand, my fingertips graving over the engraved 'D'.

My head suddenly snapped to the right as I was taken out of my thoughts by a familiar voice.

"Amelia." Draco stood above me in a small voice. Everyone fell silent and my eyes grew wide. "I need to talk to you." He continued.

"Back off, Malfoy." Harry sneered, stepping in front of me as I stood to my feet.

"Leave it, Harry." I groaned, grabbing him by the arm and pulling him back but he simply shoved me off.

"No, Amelia. I won't 'leave it' until he leaves." Harry walked closer to Draco, his fists clenched as he attempted to intimidate Draco, only causing Draco to suddenly switch and look down at Harry with a smirk.

"What's got you so bothered, Potter?" Draco said through gritted teeth. "Can't stand the thought of your sister screaming my name? In my bed?" Draco continued with a smirk.

Without a second to spare, Harry grabbed Draco by the collar and Ron stood to his feet too, Hermione holding him back.

"You'll regret saying that." Harry shouted before balling his fist up and raising it to the air.

"Will you both just stop it!" I screamed, everyone freezing to look at me as tears streamed down my face.

Guilt laced all of their faces as I shoved past them and began running towards the common room. My head felt dizzy and my heart felt heavy. I ran through the castle, pushing past first years and making my way through the portrait.

"Amelia!" I heard Draco call as he chased after me into the common room. I stopped in my tracks, I felt as if I wanted to scream.

"What?" I spat out, turning to him with an exhausted look on my face.

"I'm sorry I just- I wanted to tell you- "Draco began stumbling on his words.

"Tell me what?" I choked out in anger, stepping towards him.

"Your brother is up to something. I don't know if you knew but- Umbridge has got us trying to find out what it is. I was angry at him – especially if he's keeping it from you." Draco explained.

Brilliant. Another thing for me to stress about. I knew there was something going on but obviously this confirmed it. Without responding, I turned my back on Draco and made my way up to bed.