Joy

Ochako and Izuku sat quietly on the couch. Ochako was slowly wrapping bandages around the various cuts on Izuku's arm. Neither of them looked at each other, there was too much on their minds.

"What happened?" Ochako asked, finally breaking the silence.

"I told you. I failed" Izuku replied in the same defeated tone he had earlier.

"But what exactly happened?" Ochako continued, not letting the topic go. "I know you have healing quirks, so why haven't these wounds healed?" She wondered as she finished up the bandaging. "I've seen you handle worse. Did All for one do something?"

"No, the quirks are working fine. They're just busy" Izuku said. He then looked at Ochako as he noticed a worried look on her face. "Don't worry Ochako" He said and gave her a gentle smile. "He didn't take anything. He certainly tried, but I implemented countermeasures a long time ago. Though, it did hurt. A lot"

"I don't like it when you're hurt" Ochako said in a sombre tone.

"I could say the same for you" Izuku replied and looked down at his bandaged arms again.

Another moment of silence followed. Neither of them really knowing what to say.

"You said your healing quirks were busy. Did All for one cause some internal injury?" Ochako asked.

Izuku sighed. "Yes and no. There definitely are internal injuries, but they weren't caused by All for one" He replied and began explaining what had happened "I couldn't just escape once he woke up. There were so many of my followers that had to get away first. If I had ran away, All for one would have killed every one of them. So I fought him, and he... well. He practically wiped the floor with me. I had no chance of winning, he's so much more powerful than I thought"

"Then what happened?" Ochako asked, afraid that she already knew the answer.

"He pinned me down just as I got the message that everyone had retreated. But I was stuck with his foot on my chest" Izuku said and looked Ochako into the eyes. "So I had to use my quirk. The one I was born with" He said as he got a conflicted look. "I filled the room with green plasma, burning everything. And I like to think that I, just for one moment, made that bastard afraid. Anyways, I escaped amongst the fire before All for one could do anything and that is when you found me"

Ochako sat silent for a short while, processing the information before replying. "That could have killed you" She said.

"I know" Izuku replied.

"There's no wonder you feel like your burning up inside" Ochako said and gently touched Izuku's forehead. His skin was unnaturally warm. Any warmer and she would have taken off her hand due to the heat.

"That is more or less what is happening" Izuku admitted. "Or, what would have happened had it not been for my healing quirks"

"Is there a way to stop it?" Ochako asked.

"I have specialized quirk suppressants that helps. They help with most of the pain. But even then it can take a few hours until the effects of the backlash are over" Izuku explained.

Izuku then looked away before standing up. "I shouldn't be here any longer. I'll go before you get in trouble" He said and began walking away.

Ochako quickly reached out and grabbed his arm before he could walk any further. "Don't go" She whispered, catching Izuku's attention. "I know that this is so selfish of me, but I don't want you to risk your life like that. I was so scared when I saw you coughing up blood. And I know I shouldn't have these feelings. You're a villain and I'm a hero. I should be turning you in, but instead..." Ochako said as her eyes teared up. "I can't bear the thought of losing you" She finished and began crying.