chapter 9: brown hair

Its still 2am for them.

There they stood, Adora and Catra, waiting for an available  chair, at this time it was surprising  that this place was actually busy.

A woman signaled Catra over  and made her sit down "what can i do for ya?" She asked biting  a toothpick  in her mouth.

"I want a fucking  short  haircut, like really fucking short." Catra grinned, the lady looked at Adora for a guide and she went searching the description Catra  wanted and showed her one of the best options, the lady analyzed it and nodded as she quickly  retrieved her scissors and proceeded to chop Catra's mane of hair.

Adora cheered Catra on as her haircut got shorter and shorter, she had her wet t-shirt on but there was no point in doing so.

The lady quickly finished and they paid 25 dollars, Catra and Adora giggled  out of the entrance it was raining harshly once more.

They grabbed the shopping cart and Catra threw a weird braid of her hair in and started running again.

------------

Glimbow was having a sleepover!

Bow couldn't resist the urge to sleep but each time he closed his eyes Glimmer shook  him awake, they were waiting for Adora to come back home.

Angella and Micah were still working, so it was just Glimbow at home since Glimmer told the staff  to go to their homes.

"Its nearly 3am and Adora is still out! Bow aren't  you concerned?" Glimmer asked, Bow didn't  answer as sleep consumed him, he definitely  did not volunteer  to out Adora, he was just dragged into this.

Glimmer saw this but let it slide, she pulled out her phone and dialed Adora's number.

It started buzzing for a second "hello!"

"Adora!"

"Im not available right now please  call again!" The recording finished, Glimmer sighed "uhh how do you finish this thing?" Adora muttered and the call closed.

Glimmer was defeated by sleep eventually.

-------

"I am not going to lie but Catra, you look way hotter in that haircut." Adora smirked "thank  you mrs.Meowmeow, you look stunning as well." Catra replied skipping down the sidewalk.

Adora's phone started buzzing, she was still surpised that her phone  was still working  after such heavy rain, she ignored the call and shrugged it off as they kept walking.

Catra grabbed her phone and was relieved it was still working, she checked  the time: 3:15am

She sighed, both of them had no idea where they were but still in a good mood, the shopping cart guiding their path.

Catra started tapping on the shopping cart metal, a slow tune not very suited for drumming.

"I know I don't want to
Be the one that you run to
When you got nowhere else to go
When you need some love." She sang continuing to tap.

" I know I'm the last one
You try to call but
I always give in
To give you it all" Adora continued, Catra smiled warmly at her.

"Oh, oh
I can't be your midnight love
Oh, oh, oh
When your silver is my gold
Oh, oh, oh
In this light, I swear I'm blind
Oh, oh, oh
In this light, I swear you're mine!" Adora and Catra sang together  laughing and dancing, even without music actually playing, it was fun.

"I hope that the right time one day arrives
So, I'll be willing to let this die," Catra started "Able to look you right in the eyes
Say I'm not your consolation prize"