Chapter 35

I felt a hand over the hand that I was resting on my pillow

I felt a hand over the hand that I was resting on my pillow. I was more than certain that I went to bed all by myself, unless Emilio was back.

At the thought I immediately shot my eyes open. He was holding my hand even though he was asleep. I let a sigh of relief pass my lips when I saw that he was actually here. I couldn't help the frown that pulled on my lips when I saw his eyebrows furrow and his face contorting in pain.

I sat up on the bed and took a better look at him. A gasp of surprise left my lips as I got a good look at him. I couldn't believe it. He knew how much I hated it and yet here he was in bed in his shoes. Oh and his abdomen was also covered in a bandage, but I was more angry at him than I was worried.

He wasn't dead, so I could be as angry as I wanted. I hit him on his chest, careful not to touch his bandage covered abdomen.

He groaned as he swatted my hand away, turning over on his side. I got up on my knees and took up a pillow. I hit him once, twice and a third time when he grabbed the pillow.

"Tesoro, I'm trying to sleep here" he spoke in a raspy voice. I always liked hearing that voice, but not right now. I was on another mission.

He turned over and opened his eyes slowly. He blinked up at me while I looked down at him angrily.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to wear your shoes in bed?" I snapped.

He gave me a sheepish smile as he sat up, with his hand over his abdomen and grunts of pain leaving his lips. I immediately went over to him and help him up, my anger long forgotten.

"Are you ok?" I asked worriedly.

"I'm fine Tesoro" he groaned.

"You're not fine. I told you not to go, but you just had to go" I rambled.

"You're not superman you know. You could have been hurt, wait you're already hurt. You could have been killed. I could have lost you; this baby could have lost you. Do you understand how worried I was? For fuck's sake-" I was cut off when he placed his lips on my own.

I immediately pulled back embarrassed. He frowned at that.

"Morning breath" I whispered with my hand over my mouth. He only chuckled at that as I made my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

I came back into the room ready to scold him some more, but I shut my mouth when I saw him sitting at the edge of the bed with a pained expression on his face.

"I think we should have a talk" he said with a serious expression.

I was dreading this talk. I knew that we would have it sometime, but I just wasn't expecting to have it right now. I walked over to the bed and sat beside him.

He ran a hand down his face with a sigh, and then he rested his elbows on his thighs before he rested his head in his hands. I think he was trying to figure out what to say. I sat silently as the tension in the room grew.