29. I'm Here

Take a deep breath.

Keep reading.

And, I'm sorry. ;)

"There can't be a rainbow without any rain

"There can't be a
 rainbow
 without any
 rain."

"Come out to the balcony! Come out to the balcony!"

Ace blinked, holding his phone to his ear. "What?"

"Are you deaf? Come out to the balcony!"

Scarlett hung up and Ace stared in confusion at his phone for a second, his cup of coffee still in hand. Tossing his phone on to the bed, he stepped out on to the balcony and looked to his right towards Scarlett's room.

"Look at the double rainbow!" Scarlett said, earnestly, when he came into view. She was bouncing on her feet and pointing beyond the garden.

Ace stared at her for a few moments and burst out laughing.

"Ambrose, what is on your face?"

Scarlett stopped, turning to him fully, her face covered with a light green paste. "It's a facemask, genius. Look at the rainbows!"

Ace turned and looked and indeed, there were two rainbows over the garden. He smiled. "Did you really just call me out here to make me look at the double rainbow?" he asked, shaking his head.

"Well, yeah. It's a good start to the day, isn't it?" she asked, looking over at him.

In his hurry to get out to the balcony, Ace hadn't even bothered to throw on a shirt and the muscles on his torso rippled. There was no denying that Ace Hardwood was attractive in suits and sans shirt, alike.

He turned to look at her and smirked when he saw her looking at him. "You'll get drool on that oil painting of mine, Ambrose," he said, laughing.

Scarlett turned her head back to the rainbows with a roll of her eyes. "Just look at this, you psycho," she sighed, leaning against the balcony wall.