Clinics and Crying (Baby, What's Wrong?)

_______________

"Did you just fall?"
"No, I was checking if gravity still works."
~The Internet~
________________

Sejin suppresses a shiver as a cold feeling spreads through his body. He glances around him, checking to make sure there was nothing suspicious. Everything looked normal.

So, why did he feel like he made a horrible mistake?

"Is everyone here?" he asks one of the crew members. A sweet smile spreads across her lips.

"Yes, everyone is here," she replies. Sejin thanks her before motioning for the driver to get ready to leave.

It isn't until everyone arrived at the hotel that it hits him.

Where is Akari?

~o0o~
(Meanwhile, at the airport)

I let out a grunt as I try to bat away the bright light shining on me.

"Get away," I mumble, covering my eyes with one of my hands.

"She's awake now," an unfamiliar voice says. "I'd recommend avoiding excessive technology usage for a day or so. Have her take one of these pills every six hours for two days."

"I don't know her though! She just passed out in front of me!" I'd heard this voice before. I vaguely remember this one. It belonged to that kid I was talking to.

"Dan? What the hell did you get into!" An angry voice berates the kid (Dan). I blink my eyes open and pull myself up. I was laid out on a medical bed in what appeared to be a mini-clinic.

Three people are standing around my bed. One of them is a doctor who is scribbling something down on a clipboard. The other two people are both teens—one female, one male. The girl looks like she is fourteen, while the boy looks around twelve or thirteen. They both share bright, vibrant jade eyes.

"Ah, I'm sorry. It was my fault," I tell the girl, trying to assuage her worries. "I got pushed over and slammed my head against the floor pretty hard. I'm assuming I have a concussion?" I direct my question to the doctor.

"Not exactly. While you did hit your head, I think the actual cause of your unconsciousness is due to a syncopal episode. If you do have a concussion, it's light enough to not even be considered a grade one or mild concussion. As long as you follow what I said, you'll be fine in two to three days."

"What's a syncopal episode?"

"It's commonly referred to as fainting and has multiple causes. The most likely one is due to hypoglycemia, or low blood sugar." The doctor flips a page on his cardboard and continues. "I checked your blood sugar, and it's extremely low."

"Oh," I let out a quiet sound of surprise. "Will I have to take any medicine?"

"Yes," he nods, "I'll be giving you some glucose tablets. They're a bit stronger than usual, so you only have to take one tablet every six hours for two days."

Tapping his pen against his clipboard, the doctor adds to his previous statement. "I do recommend getting examined at a hospital when you can. While the hypoglycemia could be because of your eating, it could also be due to something else."