156 The Jilted Second Young Master (29)

Half an hour had passed, and Song Jia saw Lin Shenglan's car exit the parking lot. Picking up a pair of glasses and adjusting her wig, she strode over towards the company building.

"Appointment?" The receptionist looked over the rim of her reading glasses at Song Jia.

"Human resources, I'm an applicant."

Song Jia smilingly raised the folder she was holding on one hand.

The receptionist typed something on the keyboard. "Your name?"

Song Jia recited a name that was very common in China. Technically, she wasn't lying. She had submitted a resumè yesterday that was completely written from top to bottom with lies.

The receptionist gave her an ID. "Go to the fifth floor, turn left and it'll be the first door to your right."

"Thank you."

But Song Jia didn't go to the fifth floor. She went into the first floor. As expected, she easily found the cleaning supplies on the first floor, because it was more convenient for the cleaning staff to clean the rooms starting from the top floor going down. She ditched her sunglasses and put on their uniform, while wearing a mask on her face.

She pushed the janitor's cart and once again entered the elevator, pressing the button for the topmost floor. She couldn't enter Lin Shenglan's office as an applicant, but she could easily plant bugs by pretending to be one of the company's cleaners.

That was how Song Jia easily made her way into Lin Shenglan's office. She knew there were CCTV's all around the interior of the company building, but she was confident that she hadn't once exposed her face. Besides, as an owner of security cameras herself, she knew all their usual locations and blind spots. Compared to her spy cameras, Song Jia felt that these CCTVs were nothing. She had absolute confidence in the advanced technology of the 23rd century.

After setting up her cameras and exiting the building, Song Jia didn't go back to the Su family house. The excuse Su Qi gave to their parents was that she was going under physical rehabilitation far away from home.

It turned out that while Song Jia was staying with Lin Yitian, Su Qi pretended to be her. At some point in time, their parents would know that there was a 'Su Qi' living together with the younger son of the Lins. It was the most convenient lie that she could come up with at a short moment's notice.

On the days she went out to chase Nie Poan, Su Qi excused herself to her parents by pretending to undergo physical 'rehabilitation.' Now that they switched back, Su Qi's lie unknowingly became the truth.

All Song Jia had to do now was to wait, wait for the mulberry leaf to become a silk gown. [1]

Song Jia looked up at the late afternoon sky. Pursing her lips, she shook off the random thoughts inside her head and flagged down an incoming taxi.

...

Su Qi was already dying from boredom.

She wanted to go to the garden and see what Lin Yitian was up to, but a couple of guards in black suits stopped her from entering.

"We were told that no one is allowed to enter here."

Su Qi raised her chin. "I'm Lin Yitian's fiancée, do you dare to stop me?"

The two guards looked at each other. Although their tone became much more polite, they continued on blocking her.

"I'm sorry, young madam, but we only follow orders from our boss."

Su Qi felt suffocated. It was already almost night time, but she still hadn't seen a single speck of Nie Poan's figure. What's more, all of the servants inside the mansion had avoided her like the plague. Even Wang Han, who usually treated her courteously in the past, was acting suspiciously.

Finally, around the time Lin Yitian usually ate his dinner, Wang Han came to find her with a weird smile on his face.

"Miss Su, the second young master ordered me to tell you to change into this and meet him in the back garden."

Su Qi took the box he handed over to her and tugged at the velvet ribbon to open it.  When she saw what was inside it, she couldn't help the upward tugging of her lips.

It was a beautiful white dress, and on top of it was a flower crown made of red tulips. Just by the quality of the fabric, she could tell that the dress was very expensive.

For once, Su Qi didn't argue. Her heart felt fluttery, like a butterfly about to take flight. She finally pieced everything she had seen that afternoon and made a wild guess in her mind.

When she saw him planting candles that afternoon...was it Lin Yitian personally preparing a romantic candlelit dinner for the two of them?

Su Qi quickly changed into the dress and loosened her hair to put on the flower crown. Looking at herself in the full-length mirror, her cheeks were flushed and there were stars in her eyes. She looked like a young bride about to walk down the aisle to meet her groom.

Su Qi coughed and looked away. The groom she wanted to marry in the future was Nie Poan, not Lin Yitian.

Wang Han had also changed his usual butler attire for a more formal suit and tie. He waited on the ground floor, and when he saw Su Qi coming down the stairs, he couldn't help but feel teary-eyed for the young couple. Finally, his second young master found a person that was willing to wholeheartedly love him.

Wang Han escorted Su Qi to the back garden. It couldn't be easily seen in the day, but at night, the whole garden had completely transformed. Golden fairy lights were strung from one peach tree to another, guiding their path like fireflies. And as they walked deeper into the garden, numerous tulip and rose petals were crushed under their foot.

Su Qi let out a breath that she didn't know was holding. "This is so beautiful."

Wang Han had a proud look on his face.

"Miss Su, second young master planned and prepared all of this by himself. He only allowed me to help him a little after I told him that he couldn't finish all of this before nighttime."

They passed by a large pond, where blooming red lotus flowers floated gently on the water. Then red candles began to appear on either side of the pathway, leading to a canopied gazebo where a tall figure waited for her...

With a very, very large bouquet of red tulips.

In fact, it was so large that Su Qi could no longer see Lin Yitian's face, and half of his upper body.

Su Qi, "..."

She immediately stopped walking, her mouth falling open in shock.

Was that a man, or a half-breed flower alien?

Wang Han coughed. He told the second young master to give up the idea of giving Miss Su 1,314 flowers to express his love, but the second young master was too stubborn. Lin Yitian was convinced that only the words 'always and forever' could express what he felt for Song Jia.

Thus, the two of them could only compress 1,314 tulip flowers into a single bouquet, which was bigger than the size of five grown men. If Su Qi looked a bit more closely, she would find Lin Yitian's arms trembling from the weight of the gigantic bouquet.

Wang Han, knowing how much his prideful young master was suffering from the enormous weight of his love, lightly pushed Su Qi forward.

"Miss Su, the second young master is waiting for you."

[1] Original Ch. proverb: With time and patience, the mulberry leaf becomes a silk gown.