Partners

-Third Person POV-

It was finally Wednesday, Halloween night. Throughout the school the repetitive "Thriller" song by Michael Jackson played through the speakers to celebrate and hype the long awaited holiday. Haneul hummed the familiar tune as she zoned out during the last period.

"Park Haneul! Focus, I know you're all excited for the school day to end but you must still pay attention in class."

"Sorry Ms. Lee..."

Haneul flinched as she felt a rubber band hit the back of her head. She turned around angrily, looking for the one who flicked the band at her. She stopped when her eyes met Jungkook's. She mouthed, "what?!" The brown-haired boy threw a folded piece of paper at her as he smacked on his gum.

Haneul turned back around in her seat, slowly unfolding the small paper note. She read the neat handwriting to herself while she tried not to get caught passing notes in class.

"Let's use our intelligence to escape together. In fact let's make a bet against the others, since we'll definitely win if we work together ;) -Hobi"

Haneul turned around to Jungkook with a confused face. He pointed to Hoseok, who was sitting behind him, and shrugged. She pulled a pencil from out of her desk and began writing on the paper.

"Okay, let's work hard to beat them. Fighting!
-Haneul <3"

She handed the paper to Jungkook and pointed to her new ally, Hoseok. She continued focusing on the class for the next 35 minutes. Once the class finished, Haneul and all the other students rushed to their lockers.

The ten friends filled Soomin and Seokjin's cars. They all raced up the stairs to reach Haneul's apartment first only to wait for Haneul, the last one, to find her keys and open the door.

They gathered around the television eating candy corn they had received at school while, one by one, everyone changed out of their uniform. Haneul spread her makeup and other items on her island while she waited for her first victim.

Finally, Yeonha sat on the tall swivel chair, eating out of her handful of candy, waiting for Haneul to begin her magic. An hour and a half later and Haneul was at last working on her own look.

After a small photo shoot session, the friends were finally ready to leave and begin the expedition ahead of them. In Soomin's car, Haneul and Hoseok worked on convincing the others of their plans.

"So... Jungkook, how many escape rooms are there?"

"Six, but normally you go through the first five in whatever order you wish. You collect keys from each room and use those for the last room, the most difficult one. And you have to do all of that in 3 hours."

"Oh, wouldn't it be faster if we spilt up. Like in teams of two and then everyone works on the last one together."

"That's a good idea! I agree with Haneul, that way we could make it a competition."

Hoseok and Haneul smiled at each other, knowing that Jungkook could never pass up on a competition.

"Like I could ever say no to that. But we need to convince everyone else... Jimin, Soomin, are you guys down?"

"Yeah."

"Sure. But how will we pick partners?"

"We'll just pick ourselves. Speaking of... I pick Hobi!"