Chapter 16: Long...painful journey

{Ako's POV}

When I had finally got a grip on myself, I began to think of getting help, or helping myself. First of all: My Leg injury would almost certainly kill me if I allowed it to continue bleeding like it was. I reached up to my Reunion armband and took it off. I firmly wrapped it over my wound a few times and Tied it as tightly as I dared to. It throbbed with pain having tention on it...but at least it would stop the bleeding. I looked around. The river carried me quite a ways away from the warehouse...but if Big Bob started a hunt, They would be all over me soon...I had to get as far away from here as possible. But that would mean, I would have to walk.

I slowly picked myself up on my feet. I picked a direction and started Limping along. The walk was slow and painful. the rain poured down, soaking me to the bone. It was already cold enough to make me shiver. I couldn't stay outside long or else I might catch a cold...then I might catch Oropathy, It was more likely to catch the infection when you're already sick. 

I continuously looked around, trying to find some familiar places...but I was always kept inside the warehouse. Very rarely would someone put me in their squad, and If they did, it was to be used as live bait. or to provide a distraction...Two of the most dangerous jobs you can do.

I was walking down a dirt road...with two corn fields on either side. It was a good thing, because if something came up, I could go and hide in there. But at the same time, if there were any Reunion troops hiding and waiting to pounce on me, it would be all over, since there was no way Of knowing what was within the cornfeilds. I did have very sensitive ears and nose, but Only the sounds of rain could be heard, and my nose was filled with the dank smell of mud and plants.

There was hardly anything to do but keep walking. So I did.

I limped on....

and on.....

and on...

and on...

the farther I traveled, My body began to feel heavy. It felt as if Lead weights had been shackled to my ankles. I looked up ahead and there seemed to be something up ahead... Maybe a town or city...I was not sure...To be honest, I had no idea where I was.

finally, I had to sit down. I took some time to catch my breath. only then did I begin to become aware of how cold I was. The soaked coat I had offered no warmth. my boots were full of water...My skin was pale and clammy. I sighed and wrapped my arms around myself. My teeth chatted uncontrollably. How long did I walk for? An hour? two hours? I didn't bother to keep track of time, but I believe I was far enough away from the Reunion for a small break.

I stared at the ground ahead of me as the rain poured down on the world. A sudden, and loud roar of thunder nearly made me jump out of my skin. Again i looked around. This was really not a safe place to be, sitting out on the side of the road. That's asking to be struck by lightning.

I pushed myself unto my feet once more, and my ear twitched at the slightest sound that stood out from the storm, I looked around to see what it was...But as far as I was aware, I was the only one out here. I kept on my path, heading to this city I was seeing int he distance... I realized I was wearing a Reunion coat, and I've seen what some civilians did to Reunion workers. As I got closer, I decided to unzip my coat and throw it off to the side, leaving me in nothing but my tank top. All that was on me was my cargo pants and my boots. my reunion Armband was saturated with blood, therefore it couldn't be recognized as an arm band. I was losing so much blood, I soon had to hop on my aching right leg while my left leg was left dragging uselessly behind me. I looked up ahead, my vision was becoming blurry. and I felt weak. The bitter cold was making me weaker..and weaker.

"A little...farther...Come on...just....a little..."

My good leg gave out on me and I collapsed on the muddy ground. I couldn't carry on much farther. Certainly i was easy prey for anyone and anything that decided to come by. I Sat myself up again. Looking up ahead I saw three pairs of boots in front of me.

I slowly looked up and saw three individuals. One of them stood out with his white hair and golden colored eyes. He had a bright Halo hovering above his head. I also saw golden crystal like wings that trailed behind him. The other seemed to be a purple haired feline girl. She carried a Long, thin Samurai sword in hand. The last one was also female. She had long, light brown hair with a dark brown streak in it. She wore a white jacket like the Boy. and she carried a riot shield. To my relief, they didn't appear to be Reunion clan members.

The boy looked down at me.

"Why would someone be out at such a late hour?" He wondered outloud.

'Is she a Local here?" Asked the feline girl.

Another Individual came up. It was A silver haired girl in a red coat and....

Wait....Red coat? And she was clearly a Lupo. She had my Jacket in her hands. 

This was the one I was Chasing the other day. and Thank god she didn't Recognize me, I had a mask on when I was on that mission.

"Red found this on the side of the road. Red thinks it belongs to injured girl ." She said. The boy took it and examined it, He saw the Orange Reunion Symbol that was printed on the front. The others leaned in to get a look.

"She belongs to the Reunion." He said. 

"Red will take care of it." The lupo took a knife out of her jacket. I Instantly panicked.

"W-wait! no...I don't...work for them anymore!"

The Angel boy held out an arm, stopping the Lupo girl.

"What do you mean?"

"I...ran away...I wanted out...Please, Help me..."

The Girl with the shield bent down and looked at my leg.

"Yikes! she has one nasty injury here." she said. The rest of them looked at my bleeding leg. it was staining the small stream of water that flowed down the road.

"Ouch. she's bleeding out. Well, if she really escaped, then We should help..."

He pulled out a handkerchief and wrapped it over my makeshift bandage.

"Man...I wish we had Ansel...he could do this better....Hey, Cardigan, can you carry my bow?"

"Sure..."

The Angel gently lifted me up in a fireman's carry.

"Alright...there we go...Melantha, Call in Rhodes Island, tell them we found an injured girl out here. She needs medical attention right away."

"Alright."

No...Rhodes Island? these were R.I Operators? I think my luck might have ran out. I'm their number one enemy. Surely they'll throw me into a cell and keep me as a prisoner.

I sighed. I only escaped just into land into the hands of my enemy. Now I  will possibly end up in another dirty cell. Why was I even born? What was my purpose being here?

My mind became cloudy and I slowly faded to black once again.