{CHAPTER 7}

°

°

HER BLOOD WAS THE DRAGON'S BLOOD AND NOW IT WAS CLOSE TO BOILING OVER IN RAGE. Rhaenyra had given Thorin a chance to acquire more help than herself and Drogon in the oncoming battle against Smaug in the form of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood and also afterwards aid in defending it until the rest of Thorin's people came from the Blue Mountains. But what had this Thorin Oakenshield done instead of biting his tongue for once in his life? He had cursed out the Elven King in his own court and claimed he was a man with no honor and not even a minute later the entire company found themselves being tossed into the dungeons. Thranduil and his court would decide their fate after the Feast of Starlight.

Rhaenyra had heard to maids whisper about the heated exchange between Thranduil and Thorin and she had started to march down to the dungeons straight after hearing that. Rhaenyra felt naught else but disappointment and anger, mostly directed at Thorin himself, since it was him who had made a mistake and a few members of the Company, according to Rhaenyra, were kind people.

Though none of that worked to sate her temper as Rhaenyra stomped through the corridors down the stairs to the dungeons. A pair of tall elven guards stood outside the door, guarding the entrance but stepped out of the way at the sight of Rhaenyra marching their way with no intentions of stopping.  Perhaps they did so because they recognized her as Thranduil's personal guest or they moved out of the way our of respect because Rhaenyra carried Narya on her left hand. 

She didn't care enough about the reason to stay and ask them, but marched through the door down to the cells where she could see the dwarves, some of them leaning against the cold iron bars. It was dark down in the dungeons and the sources of light were the occasional torch on the wall. A few of them, Fili and Kili being the first pair, jumped when they heard her approach and tightly gripped the bars in their hands, wishfully thinking Rhaenyra could perhaps snap her fingers and they would be able to walk out of there. However Rhaenyra ignored them, walking straight past them with one cell and one dwarf in mind, their faces fell and they nervously shuffled with their feet as Rhaenyra came to a halt in front of Thorin's cell. He was sitting in the corner of the cell, half of him covered in shadows, silently sulking.

It took a brief moment for Thorin to even notice Rhaenyra outside his cell, lazily turning his head and his eyes opening wide to see a fuming Rhaenyra standing on the other side of the bars. 

"I expected more from you." She sighed, eyes downcast for a second before looking straight at Thorin's azure blue eyes again, "But maybe I was wrong to trust that you would be smart enough to play your cards right, especially now when the stakes are so high."

Thorin rolled his eyes, not in the mood for another scolding, "I wouldn't expect someone like you to understand what we were discussing-"

Rhaenyra held up a hand, shutting him up as she was in no mood to be scolded by Thorin in the same manner she was by Thranduil not too long ago, "Don't you say another word!" She hissed out, sounding eerily similar to her dragon, "Durin's Day is soon upon us and here you are Thorin Oakenshield, throwing away a chance for help and putting you and your Company in the Mirkwood dungeons, all in one  stroke. Now if you could just sit still and keep your mouth shut you might not make your situation worse than it already is!"