9: Cold and Distant (Lemon)

Warning! This is a lemon so there's sexual content approaching! It may at first appear like it's forced, however reader gives consent, so please no mean comments about this!

Requested by: cherryrios_axes

Quirk: Cat

 I was quite a happy and bubbly person, always willing to make friends wherever I went, so when I joined UA I immediately befriended almost everyone in the class. There was one boy however who was rather a difficult nut to crack - his name was Shoto Todoroki.

During the first week of UA I sent him a few polite smiles, but he remained stoic and unresponsive. I was desperate to make him smile, or to get some form of reaction out of him, so I set myself the task of doing so. We were one week into UA, and I decided to approach him and hopefully hold our first conversation. "Hello Todoroki!" I called out to him as he sat on his own at the back of the classroom. His acknowledgment of his name being called was shown through the turning of his head. "How are you?"

"Fine," he said simply.

"Great! I just wanted to say that I think your quirk is absolutely awesome, you seem really powerful," I praised, smiling brightly. He simply hummed in response but I persisted. "So, how're you finding UA?"

"It's good enough," he said.

"Yeah, it's great isn't it," I said brightly. He looked away, back down at his desk. "Well, looks like class is about to start. Bye Todoroki!" I called out to him but he didn't respond. I was desperate to pull out happiness from deep within him however, and bring a smile to his face.

At the beginning of the next week, I was switching my shoes in the locker room when I saw the red and white haired boy out the corner of my eye. Immediately I ran up to him with a bright smile as I called out his name. "How are you?" I asked when I reached him. He turned away from me and resumed what he was doing, although he did answer.

"Fine," he said, shutting and locking his locker.

"Did you see the news last night? That hero and villain battle in town? That looked so intense," I blabbed on about the incident, pausing occasionally to see if he would input in the conversation but there was nothing. Later that same day we had to choose partners ready for sparring matches during training. "Hey Todoroki! Fancy partnering up with me?" I called as I approached him.

"Sure, why not," he said after a pause, looking down at me as he was a few inches taller.

"Great!" I exclaimed. We got ready to start our sparring match, whilst everyone else in the class watched. I heard him mumble an apology under his breath which made me cock my head slightly, and as soon as Aizawa started the match I was encased in a block of ice. It had caught me by utter surprise as it burnt my skin. Aizawa announced that Todoroki had won, in case it wasn't obvious enough, and the boy approached me. He put his left hand on the ice and heated it, making it melt.

"Wow, Todoroki, that was incredible!" I praised once I could feel my feet again. "You could capture villains so easily with a quirk like that! It was so quick and-,"

"Thanks," he mumbled before walking off and sitting on his own. I furrowed my eyebrows, watching him as he sat down, refusing to look up at me. I sighed before walking back and sitting amongst the rest of the class as Ojiro and Asui readied their sparring match.

I persevered for weeks, trying to get him to talk a bit more as I wanted him to be my friend. Some of the others in the class had started trying to talk to him too but he was just as stoic with them as he was with me so I was thankful that he wasn't targeting me. Still, I didn't want to annoy him so I wasn't constantly bothering him, just trying to start friendly conversations. I had begun to get a little annoyed, as I tried so hard to be nice to him, even going as far as to make him his own bento box but there was no reaction from him whatsoever. He even left it on his desk, untouched, which hurt a little.