Chapter 35

Nikolas De Paz

"You've finally come" Nikolas states and his hazel eyes glare down at her with murderous hunger. She lets go of (c/n) and she rolls down the mask on her face. She smiles warmly at the man, please forgive me, Levi.

She takes out her dagger from its sheath and holds the handle tightly, "Let's be clear on one thing, I'm going to kill you no matter what. If I die, then you die with me."

His lips curve upwards in a taunting smile, "You're willing to throw your life away like that when you still haven't even learned the truth of the world. Are you ready to give up everything for the sake of killing me?"

"You know what happens when you lose everything?" she asks and she crouches down with the dagger positioned in front of her face, her (e/c) eyes staring him down.

"What?" he asks and he tilts his head to the side.

"There's nothing else to lose, so I'm going to go fucking crazy," she says and she launches herself forward.

Her dagger collides with his cane. He gives her a toothy grin and with one push of his cane, her body is thrown backwards. She flips in the air, placing her left hand on the ground and then her legs in a crouched position.

She glares at him. She still hadn't figured out what his powers were, but it was too late. She rushed into the fight. She clicks her tongue and stands tall with the dagger in her hand. He gives her a taunting smirk as he points his cane at her.

"I love your spirit, kid, but that won't be enough to kill me!" he shouts out and fires blasts out of his cane.

She brings both her hands in front of her. She creates a wall of wind, the fire splitting as it hits the shield. The fire turns into dark smoke and her necklace heats up. Nikolas breaks through the smoke and brings his right leg to kick her face.

She quickly blocks it by bring her forearms up. He smirks at her as his right leg makes contact with her arms. He uses her forearms to flip down onto the ground and punch her stomach. Her saliva comes spitting out of her open mouth as her body gets thrown into a crystal pillar.

She gasps loudly at the pain in her spine. She sits up, but ducks as his fist makes contact with the crystal pillar, denting it slightly. She lunges through his legs, rolling and then jumping up to stand on her feet.

Her dagger got knocked out of her hand when he had kicked her. She brings her fists up to her face to defend herself from any of his attacks. He throws his coat to the side to reveal a simple white button-up shirt and dark brown pants.

"I thought you would be stronger than that" he mocks her and he rolls up his sleeves up to his elbows. He chuckles as he grips his cane like the handle of a sword. His lips curl upward into a grin.

"Fuck you" she spits out and runs forward, ignoring the pain in her back. 

She brings her fist to his chest and he places his cane in front of himself, blocking her attack. She smirks and brings her other fist to slam into the right side of his torso. The force of her fist sends him staggering to the side. 

She opens her hand and grabs onto the cane's end. She pulls it forward, but his grip was just as strong as her's. They stood there with their hands on the cane, analyzing each other's possible attacks. Her torso burns and her mind tries to block the pain.

"Are you two going to kill each other or are you guys going to keep staring at each other?" Kenny calls out from above and they both frown at the same time.

"Shut up!" they both scream at the same time and Kenny raises his hands innocently.

(Y/n) and Nikolas growl at each other as they try to pull the cane away. She feels her grip slipping so she does what was the best option. When Nikolas pulls back again, she lets the cane pull her forward. She places her firm right leg forward and twists on it, bring her left leg up.