Cheer up y/n

As I was walking back to class, my phone started ringing in my handbag. I rummaged around until I found it and raised my eyebrows at the name flashing on the screen- my mom.

"Hey mom, what's up?"
I furrowed my brows in concern when she didn't answer and then I heard sniffles.
"Mom? What's going on? Are you crying?"

"Y/n....I didn't mean to disturb you in school, but I just got a phone call from the hospital. Your dad's been injured in an accident, and it doesn't look good"
She said in between jerky breaths and then cried and cried.
I couldn't breathe and dropped my phone on the floor. The bell rang and student started flooding into the halls. I felt suffocated and paralysed.

I felt a familiar warmth on my shoulder- Jungkook.
"Hey.. y/n how'd it go with the princip-" he couldn't finish his sentence before I sank into his arms, and couldn't stop crying.
"Y/n? Hey, y/n, what happened, was it Sarah, cuz I swear I have a sister that could beat the shi-"

"My dad. He's in hospital"  I said in between deep breaths. "What if he dies, I can't let him, I have to see hi-"

"I'll take you, quick my car is in the parking lot" he put his hand on my lower back and guided me through the swarming crowd of tired students. When we got to the car, he opened the door and gently guided me to the seat. Then he pulled the seatbelt over my chest, careful not to touch me. He put a stray piece of hair behind my ear and kissed my forehead.

"He'll be fine y/n, I promise" he whispered, before walking around the car and getting into the driver seat. He drove to the local hospital and ran to keep up with me, as I frantically searched the wards, looking for my dad.
" DAD, DAD WHERE ARE YOU, WHERE ARE YOU" I was screaming, earning the glares of the peaceful patients in their beds.

Then I saw a familiar hairy arm. One that was wearing a rainbow bracelet that 6 year old me made for him. He was there, with a breathing mask over his mouth, his handsome face was covered with bruises and cuts, his neck and his leg were in a cast. "dad.. what happened to you?" I whispered, warm and salty tears running down my cheeks.

Jungkook entered the room, along with my mom, her forehead was creased with worry, while she sipped coffee.
"Y/n, you're here. You should have stayed in school"

"How could I when there's a chance that I could never hear my fathers voice again?" I cried and cried until she came and wrapped her warm arms around me, crying with me. Jungkook went out into the hall the get some tissues and water bottles.

He stayed through the night until morning. Luckily it was Saturday, so we didn't have school. We waited until the morning for the doctor to tell us what was happening.
At last, the doctor walked through the door carrying a clip board.

"Doctor, what's going to happen to my dad? Is he going to live???"

"Miss y/n, we've reviewed your fathers state and it seems that he has internal bleeding  and will need surgery in a few hours. This is a common procedure and the patient should live. I hope I've answered your questions"

I breathed a sigh of relief and hugged my mom. "You and your friend should go home and freshen up, he's cute by the way" she said with a wink. She gave us $20 to get some food on the way back.

Jungkook was sitting with his head bent low, sleeping. I gently touched his shoulder to wake him, and he jumped up.
"WHAT HAPPENED??" he screamed.
I giggled and told him the good news. We then went to the car and he drove to my house.
He noticed that I was quiet and said

"Cheer up y/n"