55 | between worlds

| meliorism |
chapter fifty five

| meliorism |chapter fifty five

҉  ҉  ҉ 

"Are you sure it's a good idea?"

Rhena thought about it. The affirmative answer wasn't immediate, it was complicated. Everything had suddenly become so complicated.

"It will be fine" Rhena assured her, but she could hear her sigh, neither of them two were sure.

"You don't know that" Bonnie shook her head "I'm worried, I mean, I know you can protect yourself, but I'm still worried"

Rhena smiled lightly "I know, Bon" she looked ahead in the highway, gripping the steering wheel tighter "I won't stay long, please don't worry about me, I already talked to Damon and Caroline and you have the address just in case"

    "How did they take it?" Bonnie asked, causing her to raise her eyebrows.

   "As expected"

    Rhena had decided to go visit Rhys and his group to see what they had to say. She didn't feel any sort of danger, so she decided that she would go alone.

    If something happened, at least her friends would be safe and aware of everything. But it took a lot of convincing Damon and Caroline that she would be fine. They needed to trust her and her judgment, after all, this was her decision. But deep down, she also knew they didn't like vampires, so bringing one wouldn't be such a good idea.

Bonnie sighed "I should've went with you"

    "No, Bonnie, it's okay" she shook her head "you have to spend time with your mom, be with her, don't worry about me, I'll be okay"

    "Promise me you'll keep me updated" Bonnie's voice echoed through the car due to having the call on speaker. She was almost there "Rhena"

"I will, I promise" she sighed, resting her head back "take care of them for me"

"Will do" Bonnie smiled lightly "see you later, Rhen"

"See you later, Bon"

Rhens stopped the car into what it looked like a guarded community, too fancy for her liking. She turned off the car, leaning back into the seat as she thought of her choices. Her hand twitched, she was starting to doubt if it was a good idea.

But it was now or never. If she kept pushing things back, she would never find peace, or answers that might complete the puzzle that was her life.

Sighing, she put her keys and phone in her bag, closing it. Before her anxiety could start rising, she got out of the car that Klaus let her borrow and locked it. She looked around, the breeze was warm, everything was green as far as her eyes could see. The blue sky just made it better; a whole new world was there for her to see.